HTML plans email style

8 months 3 weeks ago #334644 by Leobici
Replied by Leobici on topic HTML plans email style
Ok, thanks,
i'll try to remember and update manually that file after each update.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #337507 by quantumgravity
Replied by quantumgravity on topic HTML plans email style
Hi,

Using Mailer in CBSubs, I have extra line breaks inserted in any email set to be sent as HTML.  But if I comment out the line you mention in LegacyComprofilerFunctions.php, everything looks as I'd expect.

I'm not inserting any preliminary code, but the source of both the extra-spacing emails and the correct emails shows this at the top:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en-GB" lang="en-GB" dir="ltr">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
</head>
<body>

The exact same email used to work for years, but I haven't been testing it and it looks like the extra spacing started appearing about one year ago.

Is there anything I should be doing to prevent this without commenting out that line?  I'm leery of what it will do to non-CBSubs CB emails, and of course I'd like not to have to remember to comment it out after updates.

Thanks for any education and help!

1 month 2 weeks ago #337508 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic HTML plans email style
Be sure you've latest CB build release as additional checks were implemented to suppress the line breaks behavior. Additionally ensure latest CBSubs build release is installed as we've completely turned it off for CBSubs Mailer emails.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: quantumgravity

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.336 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn