[#5760] Invoice refunded

8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #276447 by activha
[#5760] Invoice refunded was created by activha
Hello

We have moved to full CBsubs solution for invoicing our subscribers even offline.

Sometimes we need to refund companies for invoicing errors. This needs to be done with a standalone invoice (Avoir in French) and a separate number. Is it possible to achieve with CBsubs ?

I have noticed that on the viewed invoice there was a mention partially refunded for instance. is it possible to show the refunded amount somewhere and change also taxes computation ?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 3 months ago #276599 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Invoice refunded
You can only refund their existing invoice. You're asking for a lot of accounting functionality that accounting software provides, which CBSubs is not. Invoices are jut Baskets in CBSubs. They are directly tied to one another. An invoice won't exist without a basket and a basket is only created on initial purchase. For example renewals will be linked to said initial basket and does not create a new basket. Refunds for example are just refunding the last payment on said basket. You'll see the refund amount once the refund has been initiated from backend as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 3 months ago #276603 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Invoice refunded
Kyle

As soon as you send invoices you need accounting features for this.
So either we use CBsubs for invoicing and we need to be able to have some basic accounting features for credit note, invoice editing and invoice exporting, or CBsubs is not something professional for invoicing in serious cases.

We moved all our professional customers (1000 companies) this month to CBsubs upon Beat's recommandation to go for full automation with Ingenico, but we need to be able to manually alter some things when commercial staff changes agreement with some of our customers

Whatever business you are in, an invoice is an invoice and an accounting document !
You need to take this into account or dont market cbsubs as a subscription and invoicing soft

For now there is no export possible from cbsubs, so either we can manage to get some basic accounting features, or it means that we have to fully change the subscription software and that cbsubs is just not what it claims.

For now it does not seem crazy to add invoice editing linked to basket editing for instance ? or to add on an invoice the amount of refund that has been made so that it appears on the original one ? or that the refund be substracted from the original amount so that the invoice reflects the real amount paid at the end ?

This is just logical

8 years 3 months ago #276611 by erilam
Replied by erilam on topic Invoice refunded
Hello do you try to play with promotions ? It can be a solution of refunding...

Eric Lamy (erix)
www.agerix.fr/

8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #276613 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Invoice refunded
CBSubs is marketed as subscription management. It is not marketed as invoicing software. It's strictly designed to automate management of subscriptions.

Decoupling of the invoices and baskets or allowing new baskets to be manually created would likely be the only solutions for your issue. Manual creation of baskets being the likely solution as the work to decouple invoices (which are basically just baskets) would require massive rewrites.

Refunding a basket from backend lets you set how much to refund if you want to do partial refunds. The frontend invoice found on the link on the subscriptions tab should show the refund. It's not going to generate a separate invoice (basket) for the refund.

With that said manual creation of baskets, payments, and subscriptions is planned for a later release. We do have a pending feature ticket for this to be implemented at some point and for your usecase I suppose you'd just make a manual basket which would generate a new invoice. For now I don't know how to work around your issue except maybe manually insert a new basket row in the database or maybe go through frontend behavior on the users behalf while logged in as a moderator and adjust the basket that's generated as needed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 3 months ago #276615 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Invoice refunded

Refunding a basket from backend lets you set how much to refund if you want to do partial refunds. The frontend invoice found on the link on the subscriptions tab should show the refund. It's not going to generate a separate invoice (basket) for the refund.

We could do with this for now but as I said, frontend invoices DO NOT show the refund in their computations and the total amount stays the same.

Provided that the total amount reflects the refund, that could do it while we wait for new features.

Is this a setting problem ?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn