[#5760] Invoice refunded

8 years 3 months ago #276620 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Invoice refunded
Ok, I see what you're talking about. It would make sense for the invoice to change from Completed to Refunded state then in the invoice it should show the refund totalizer or at least by some means show that the invoice (basket) was refunded. I've added a bug ticket with high priority as I can't see any other way for the user to know the basket has been refunded for their records. Currently it looks like frontend invoices are just completely hidden if refunded.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 3 months ago #276621 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Invoice refunded
Exactly and if partially refunded, they dont show the total amount minus the refund :-)

Thanks, let me know when it's ok as we have several customers waiting in this case

8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #276625 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Invoice refunded
Refunds are payments reversals, and payments do not appear on the invoice (logically), as it's an invoice and not a statement ;)

And CBSubs is not providing statements in the frontend, as it is not a complete accounting solution (and never has been one). It might provide statements for invoices in the future (no ETA).

EDIT: ADDED:
For now, you need to handle these seldom processes manually (text-editor credit-notes).

We hope refunds are not often happening, otherwise your credit-card companies will see a problem.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

8 years 3 months ago #276627 by activha
Beat,

We moved to your solution with our professional customers based on your answers on this thread www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/232038-invoicing-features and this thread www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/231684-5588-cbsubs-recurring-subscriptions-with-sepa-payment?start=12

We dont need an accounting solution, we have our accounting company for this. But at least we need invoices with correct data on them.

If a customer has been refunded, it should see a statement on its invoice regarding the data. We can add comments on the transaction id, but it would be good to also add the amount of refund being done and display it on the invoice somewhere.

Also the customer needs to see its invoice refunded and get it on its listing. The customer accounting department WILL use our invoices for THEIR accounting department.

so don't misunderstand, CBsubs needs to comply to accounting needs of CUSTOMERS at least. I can understand that you are not an accounting solution for users of cbsubs, but you are a provider of accounting pieces of information for CUSTOMERS and this is really important :-)

Basically that's just a problem of correctly displaying the information for customers...

8 years 3 months ago #276632 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Invoice refunded
The professional and legally valid solution today is to manually write a credit note and email it to the customer on request. Or to write an invoice-cancellation notice. The exact procedure will depend on your local laws. And there are as many laws as countries and sometimes states...

I would sure love too to automate more in CBSubs, but it's simply not the case. For us here who use CBSubs, we have almost no refund requests and the extra-work to write one or two credit-notes per year manually on request is not an issue, even if each time we dream of CBSubs doing it for us ;)

That said, the feature-request is noted with number #5718 . But it is not as simple as you wrote it in another thread, as when we implement something, we try to make it usable in most countries. So I have no ETA or a release number for such a feature.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

8 years 3 months ago #276634 by activha
Beat

Just make that the invoice stays visible on frontend even after full refund and we'll write a note in transaction id so that the customer will see that it has been cancelled or refunded, and that should be ok for a start ;-)

We would also need to have all strings translatable regarding transactions and paiements for the invoice to look good.

for now the french customer sees Methode : offline, Statut : completed and type : web_accept which is not very professional for our invoices.

Can you provide a way to have these payment strings translated ?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.260 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn