Updating CB 1.9.1 to 4.0.12 and CBSubs 3.0.0 to 4.1.0

7 years 10 months ago #283383 by poml
This is disappointing. I just tried again the migration and I still end up with the same issues. I am not sure where to go from here.

To summarize again, I have the following problems:

1) the whole configuration of the old CB was not taken over to the new CB. How can i fix this?

2) the conditions of the auto actions were lost during the migration. I am not sure how to fix this.

3) in CBsubs the usergroup settings under a plan's access tab does not exist.
fieldset "Subscribers User access level settings" does not exist.

4) I cannot find the CB Paid Subscriptions Integration Plugin on the download page.

I really need some help to solve these issues, because like this the new versions of CB and CBSubs are unusable for me.

Can you help me?
The topic has been locked.
7 years 10 months ago #283389 by poml
Regarding point 3:

I just noticed that "Subscribers User access level settings" is indeed available in a non-merchanidse plan.

However, with the old Integration plugin this funcionality was available also for a merchandise plan. So, how can I add a subscriber of a merchandise plan to a usergroup?
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #283413 by krileon
Again, you need to make a clone of your site and migrate the clone. Once you know what to expect you can manually fix whatever needs manually fixing. No migration is going to be 100% as we can't account for everyones different sites with different extensions/plugins and different server configurations. It's entirely possible for all or some of the migration to fail.

1) the whole configuration of the old CB was not taken over to the new CB. How can i fix this?

You will need to manually reconfigure or wait for this to be fixed if there is an issue found. I've added a bug ticket to look into this further.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6083

2) the conditions of the auto actions were lost during the migration. I am not sure how to fix this.

I already have a bug ticket to investigate this further. You will need to manually reconfigure the auto action conditions or wait for this to be fixed if there is an issue found.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6076

4) I cannot find the CB Paid Subscriptions Integration Plugin on the download page.

I've already provided the links for you. It is on the downloads page under CB Plugins for just the main plugin or you can download the Preset that includes CBSubs and all of its integrations. There is even a filter on the right side to filter to CBSubs downloads.

I just noticed that "Subscribers User access level settings" is indeed available in a non-merchanidse plan.

Merchandise plans can't manage access as they've no state to check against. Best I can suggest is try forcing it using CB Auto Actions and the below usage.

Plan Active
Global
Triggers: onCPayUserStateChange
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
1: [var3] Equal To PLAN_ID_HERE
2: [var2] Equal To A

Plan Expired
Global
Triggers: onCPayUserStateChange
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
1: [var3] Equal To PLAN_ID_HERE
2: [var2] Not Equal To A

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #283429 by poml

I've already provided the links for you. It is on the downloads page under CB Plugins for just the main plugin or you can download the Preset that includes CBSubs and all of its integrations. There is even a filter on the right side to filter to CBSubs downloads.

Maybe there is a misunderstanding. You provided links, yes, but I cannot find what I am looking for.
In CBSubs there was an Integration plugin tab called "Paid Subscriptions" and it was possible on a merchandise plan to activate another plan multiple times if the merchandise is purchased. Which integration plugin is doing this now? I cannot find the correct one under the links you provided.

Merchandise plans can't manage access as they've no state to check against.

This is odd, because it was possible with the Usergroups Integration under CBSubs 3.0.0. What a pity. But maybe we can work around this using Autoactions.

Another question, should I take the last stable or the last nightly?

Is there a way to install multiple CB plugins at the same time?

Cheers
7 years 10 months ago #283435 by krileon

Maybe there is a misunderstanding. You provided links, yes, but I cannot find what I am looking for.

Then I don't know what to tell you. Our downloads page as filters on the right and a search functionality. The CBSubs page it self below even has a download button that downloads the preset.

www.joomlapolis.com/addons/cb-paid-subscriptions

In CBSubs there was an Integration plugin tab called "Paid Subscriptions" and it was possible on a merchandise plan to activate another plan multiple times if the merchandise is purchased. Which integration plugin is doing this now? I cannot find the correct one under the links you provided.

There is no Paid Subscriptions CBSubs integration. I'm sorry, but I've no idea what plugin you're talking about. The plugin is "CB Paid Subscriptions" there is no "CBSubs Paid Subscriptions" and is maybe why you're having a hard time finding things.

If you need a plan to allow multiple purchases and it isn't a Merchandise or Donation plan (they both already allow multiple purchases) you can enable this with the "Multiple subscriptions per user" parameter under "Workflows" of your Subscription plan. A vast majority has not changed and certainly not from CBSubs 3.x to CBSubs 4.x. Please read your CBSubs documentation carefully.

This is odd, because it was possible with the Usergroups Integration under CBSubs 3.0.0. What a pity. But maybe we can work around this using Autoactions.

Assigning usergroups was done exactly the same way in CBSubs 3.0 as it is in CBSubs 4.0. I've reviewed the source and plugins available to CBSubs 3.0 and there is no CBSubs Usergroups plugin. I'm at a complete loss as to what plugin you're talking about. Maybe you're referring to CBSubs GroupJive? GroupJive has nothing to do with Usergroups, but forces users to join a CB GroupJive group.

Is there a way to install multiple CB plugins at the same time?

Yes, on our downloads page below select what you want to download using the checkboxes then click Download Package at the bottom of the page.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #283444 by poml
Ok, I will post a few screen shows, maybe then you will believe me and see what I am talking about.

EDIT: Ok, no it is clear. The two plugins for CBSubs I am talking about are custom code. They are not made by joomlapolis. this is my fault, I did not know and just found out. Sorry for that. However, maybe they are useful to you? Maybe you could integrate the code into CBSubs.

If you still allow me one question: These two plugins were programmed for 3.0.0. Do you have any tipps for me on how to port them? I mean, could I just check if they are still running ok, and if everything is ok, then just use them? Maybe I would need to somehow tell CBsubs they are compatible with it... I guess I can figure out how to do that.
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.306 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn