Updating CB 1.9.1 to 4.0.12 and CBSubs 3.0.0 to 4.1.0

7 years 10 months ago #283133 by poml
Another question:

Strangely enough, none of the settings in "Community Builder: Configuration" were taken over during the "migration". Is that normal? Do I need to "copy" all the settings manually from the old to the new version?
The topic has been locked.
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #283135 by poml
More questions (sorry):

In the old CB I could choose a template called "bootstrap". Is there something equivalent in the new CB?

It seems that AutoActions behaviour also has changed. Do you have any hints on how to migrate them? I have quite a lot of them. What I noticed now that some were executed with the new CB that were not executed using the old CB. It's a bit messed up...

EDIT: Looking at this it seems that the auto actions are still there, also the "Action", but the "Condition"s got lost during the migration. How can I avoid that?

Is there a way to migrate CB and CD Auto Actions without loosing the configured data?
7 years 10 months ago #283161 by krileon

However, for the two integration plugins: Maybe I am standing on the line, but I cannot see this under the "access" tab. With CB 3.0.0 I used to two plugins to add people who bought this merchandise to some joomla groups and also to activate a subscription for them.

CB Paid Subscriptions is still provided. See our downloads page or the CB Paid Subscriptions page below.

www.joomlapolis.com/addons/cb-paid-subscriptions
www.joomlapolis.com/downloads

The plugin that allows CBSubs to assign usergroups is no longer provided, because it is built into CBSubs now. The parameter to assign usergroups can be found by editing your plan within CBSubs > Plans then under the Access tab you'll find "User Group" under "Subscribers User access level settings".

This means I should uninstall that plugin?

Yes.

Strangely enough, none of the settings in "Community Builder: Configuration" were taken over during the "migration". Is that normal? Do I need to "copy" all the settings manually from the old to the new version?

No, that's not normal. It's possible something interfered with the migration so it failed to move the global configuration.

In the old CB I could choose a template called "bootstrap". Is there something equivalent in the new CB?

The default template is the Bootstrap template. It's also recommended to run the Canvas Layout tool under CB > Tools in order to change the profile usage to be our new canvas usage.

It seems that AutoActions behaviour also has changed. Do you have any hints on how to migrate them? I have quite a lot of them. What I noticed now that some were executed with the new CB that were not executed using the old CB. It's a bit messed up...

EDIT: Looking at this it seems that the auto actions are still there, also the "Action", but the "Condition"s got lost during the migration. How can I avoid that?

Is there a way to migrate CB and CD Auto Actions without loosing the configured data?

You shouldn't lose anything during the migration. Its install script includes migration of conditions. It however is a migration and is not guaranteed to work properly for every install. For example an error could've happened that stopped the migration. To force it to remigrate you'd need to drop the _comprofiler_plugin_autoactions database table then import your old table back in then re-install. If conditions fail to migrate again will have to look into why that migration isn't working right. Yes, CB Auto Actions has undergone a massive improvement compared to previous releases and recommend becoming familiar with the changes if you used CB Auto Actions a lot.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
7 years 10 months ago #283241 by poml
First: many thanks for your help. However, I think I will need some more help to solve the issues.

The parameter to assign usergroups can be found by editing your plan within CBSubs > Plans then under the Access tab you'll find "User Group" under "Subscribers User access level settings".

I re-checked, the menu point you are describing is not there.

Please note that the installation of the new versions of CB and CBsubs finished without any error message. No sign of anything going wrong.

Let's summarise:
1) the whole configuration of the old CB was not taken over to the new CB.
2) the conditions of the auto actions were lost during the migration.
3) in CBsubs the usergroup settings under a plan's access tab does not exist.

This shows that some things went wrong during the migration. How do we address this? I would need some help with this.
7 years 10 months ago #283242 by poml

CB Paid Subscriptions is still provided. See our downloads page or the CB Paid Subscriptions page below.

www.joomlapolis.com/addons/cb-paid-subscriptions
www.joomlapolis.com/downloads

Seriously, it is not there. Or I can't find it. Or I don't have access? There are plenty of integration plugins, but not this one. Am I blind?
7 years 10 months ago #283265 by krileon
It is not an integration. Navigate to CBSubs > Plans. Next edit your plan and click the Access tab. Scroll down to the fieldset "Subscribers User access level settings", which will have 1 parameter labelled "User Group". If it's not there then CBSubs is not up to date.

Anything that did not migrate will likely need to be manually fixed. I can't see any reason in source for conditions to fail to migrate, but have added a bug ticket to investigate further. CB configuration migration should've worked fine and did when we updated Joomlapolis, but unfortunately I've no further test installs to retest this and recommend manually correcting your CB configuration for the time being.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6076

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn