[SOLVED] How to configure CB Payments to forward new users to complete a CB profile?

2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 1 month ago #328551 by STUCKSHUTTER
I'm likely just dense but I can't see how to make the flow from setting up a new client through the payment system and, upon successful setup and payment, transfer them to complete a CB profile.

i.e.: NEW USER ---> PAYMENT SYSTEM, successfully sets up payments --> COMMUNITY BUILDER PROFILE COMPLETION

How do I make a process flow like that happen once the payment is successfully completed?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Chris Dekle

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 1 month ago #328562 by krileon
By doing that you'd bypass the payment completion page so they won't have any verification their payment was completed. I don't believe there is a way to interrupt that process either as there's no trigger at that time to act on. Specifically the "Thank you for your payment of..." text; are you wanting to show that at top of profile instead of that payment complete page? This would assume you also want them to be auto-logged in after payment?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 1 month ago #328573 by STUCKSHUTTER
Thanks, Krileon, appreciate the fast reply.

Presently, the registration page is showing all the CB Profile fields first then shows the Subscriptions form.
My goal is to only display the CBSubs registration portion until they have successfully activated a CBSubs plan.
At that point, I would like them to remain logged in and see the CB Profile they need to complete. It can show either in the "flow of things" or can be a forward to a page link where they have the CB Profile to complete.

I hope this explanation is helpful. I've attached a screenshot of the current subscription page, perhaps that will help.
Attachments:

2 years 1 month ago #328579 by krileon
You can't register a user with only selecting a CBSubs plan. Other information is required to create the user. It sounds like you just want a step by step registration process, which you can enable by setting "Registration Layout" to "Step by Step" in CB > Configuration > Registration. This would require them to work through your tabs instead of skipping everything via the sign up button as it currently looks like you're just using the tabbed registration layout.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 1 month ago #328583 by STUCKSHUTTER
Thanks, Krileon, that is helpful... it now proceeds in sequence.

However, what I don't want is to have the need to complete the CB Profile before they have successfully paid, it's way too long of a form and would simply kill sales.

Is there a way to get the payment completed before they move on to completing the full profile?

Thanks again for your help.

2 years 1 month ago #328587 by krileon

However, what I don't want is to have the need to complete the CB Profile before they have successfully paid, it's way too long of a form and would simply kill sales.

Then I suggest removing all non-essential fields from registration output in CB > Field Management.

Is there a way to get the payment completed before they move on to completing the full profile?

Yes, just don't ask for optional information during registration.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn