[SOLVED] How to configure CB Payments to forward new users to complete a CB profile?

2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #328699 by STUCKSHUTTER
Hi Kyle,

Thanks for the insights but I seem to be missing something as I am unable to get the 12 character PW to come through.

I use MS Outlook 365 and both Firefox and Chrome for viewing the website.

Perhaps the best way to go about this is to give you the location where the message was created, what is being shown to the user and finally, the underlying page code.

1. WHERE: Website workflow texts - Thank-you text (payment completed)

DISPLAYS: ****** IMPORTANT - SAVE YOUR LOG IN INFORMATION BELOW ******
[details]
Keep this information secure as you will need it to log into your newsletter and make changes, updates, add names, etc.

CODE: ****** IMPORTANT - SAVE YOUR LOG IN INFORMATION BELOW ******
[details]
Keep this information secure as you will need it to log into your newsletter and make changes, updates, add names, etc.

2. WHERE: Email on first activation

DISPLAYS: ***** IMPORTANT - SAVE YOUR LOG IN INFORMATION BELOW ******
Email: jcd@thebusinessclinic.net
Name: IRA Tester
Username: listowner11
Password: $2y$10$tb1fZ4cogUwnuK0WIL6Wse.cH35xGhQhYJhDryyzywJpqeRw3Du7G

CODE: <p>****** IMPORTANT - SAVE YOUR LOG IN INFORMATION BELOW ******</p>
<p>[details]</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Keep this information secure as you will need it to log into your newsletter and make changes, updates, add names, etc.<p>

3. WHERE: Subscription Confirmation page that shows on completion of payment setup.

DISPLAYS: Thank you for your payment of $ 449.97 for the Monthly Newsletter Service Gold - USA for listowner11 using a stripe. Your payment has been completed with transaction id ch_3KYEx0I6x5lD7KK11KkCu56f and with subscription id sub_1KYEwyI6x5lD7KK1Gbw9stZL.
View printable invoice

Thank you for subscribing IRA Tester.

****** IMPORTANT - SAVE YOUR LOG IN INFORMATION BELOW ******

[details]

CODE: <p>****** IMPORTANT - SAVE YOUR LOG IN INFORMATION BELOW ******</p>
<p>[details]</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Keep this information secure as you will need it to log into your newsletter and make changes, updates, add names, etc.<p>

Perhaps the best thing at this point is to provide you with site access so you can see for yourself what I'm missing...

Admin Login:
URL: www.ezenewsletters.com/newsletterz/administrator/index.php?QC%5EQe3tcmPW%25er
User: CBSUPPORT
PW: 2oZMeB3Fh$VgY%HY

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 1 month ago #328710 by krileon
You cannot include password in CBSubs emails. It can only be in the registration emails in CB > Configuration > Registration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 1 month ago #328716 by STUCKSHUTTER
Hi Kyle,
Working my way through this so I infer that what I needed to do is install CBSubs Email plugin and add the required information there. If that's not correct, what should I do? I think I am perhaps missing some important points here...

The plugin was installed but is giving me this error message: The CBSubs integration plugin 'CBSubs Email' is for another CBSubs version 4.5.3+build.2022.02.25.17.11.07.80112ae00.

Can you advise what I need to do to complete the setup?

thanks for your help,
Chris Dekle

2 years 1 month ago #328727 by krileon
You cannot send password in CBSubs emails. There's no getting around this. The password is in plaintext only during the processing of the registration form, which is only the case for registration emails and is why it can be sent to them in those emails. After that it is encrypted, which is not reversable. This includes for randomly generated passwords as well. It should exclusively be sent in the Pending registration email. If using randomly generated passwords AND you require moderator approval then it should also be sent in the Welcome email ([details] will handle this for you).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 1 month ago #328742 by STUCKSHUTTER
Hi Kyle,
I'm officially stumped... I have spent the last two days working on getting the password to display and have failed.
I've attached what I'm getting from my test registration which does not require email validation.
Essentially, I get the Welcome Email (CBCore) to trigger but it shows the encrypted password.
To speed up your analysis of what I'm doing incorrectly, I have included the code that I use to create the email.

Can you have a look and give me a step-by-step solution to fixing my problem? It is pretty clear I'm not able to figure this one out...

Thanks a million for your help!

Attachments:

2 years 1 month ago #328748 by krileon
Are you using CB Auto Actions to save the user object in any way? It's possible you're causing a double save somewhere resulting in the password being in its encrypted state. Unpublish CB Auto Actions if installed and give that a try. If issue persists unpublish CB Paid Subscriptions and again retry. Please also provide your values for the following parameters.

CB > Configuration > Registration
Generate Registration Passwords
Admin Approval
Email Confirmation
Pending Email Body
Welcome Email Body

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.447 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn