[SOLVED] How to configure CB Payments to forward new users to complete a CB profile?

2 years 1 month ago #328589 by STUCKSHUTTER
Thanks, Krileon,

That's a reasonable solution, unfortunately, there are dozens of required fields and very few are optional.

Given that, is there a way to split the fields so that only a few essential fields are shown until after the payment has succeeded?

Perhaps two sets of profile fields would do the trick provided that's possible. One at registration then have the rest show up on a page that is forwarded to?

Appreciate the help greatly!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 1 month ago #328598 by krileon
There isn't a way to ask them or require them to fill out additional fields after payment. Even if they're sent to profile edit after login they've no obligation to update it at that time. Might be worth considering going over your fields and seeing which you can remove entirely, which can be moved to profile edit since they've no vital function, etc..

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 1 month ago #328603 by STUCKSHUTTER
Thanks, Krileon,
Your answer helps with crafting a solution.
Here is my solution and I'm hoping you can give me some guidance on how to use CB/CBSubs to accomplish this workflow.
First, some background for you:
  • Splitting the payment part away from the user profile is not a problem, to get value from the site, they have to fill out their profile.
  • The site was set up to have the user fill in the CB profile separately from the payment.

The process flow I want to achieve:
1. Have a new user set up their account using the payment system and, once payment is completed successfully, send them an email with additional instructions to log in; we do this presently and it works well.

2. The email would have a link to a page where they can complete their profile after logging in. (The way we currently handle that is to send them to a page where the login link is available. Once logged in, they are shown a panel of menu links, one of which is used to initially complete then update their profile.)

How would you recommend we do this?

Your help is appreciated and I'm thanking you in advance.

2 years 1 month ago #328610 by krileon

1. Have a new user set up their account using the payment system and, once payment is completed successfully, send them an email with additional instructions to log in; we do this presently and it works well.

You cannot pay without registering and registering requires some mandatory information like email, name, username, and password. Our registration form here at Joomlapolis is basically the ideal situation. We ask very very minimal information with everything else being optional in profile edit. If a field is absolutely critical to the function of your site though it should be on your registration form.

2. The email would have a link to a page where they can complete their profile after logging in. (The way we currently handle that is to send them to a page where the login link is available. Once logged in, they are shown a panel of menu links, one of which is used to initially complete then update their profile.)

The main hurdle here is they need to be logged in the edit their profile. So the easiest way to do this is configure the first login redirect URL in CB > Configuration > Registration to the following.

index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=userdetails

This means when they login for the first time they're immediately sent to profile edit.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 1 month ago #328638 by STUCKSHUTTER
Hi Krileon,

Thanks for hanging in there with me.

Your suggestions were bang on and exactly what was needed. The site now flows correctly, at least so far.

I've managed to trim the required account setup fields to just a few and have gotten as far as running one test transaction which was completed flawlessly.

I've got some things to sort out and check yet so I may be back with some additional questions but I did want to let you know you did a great job helping get this sorted.

Thanks again!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #328658 by STUCKSHUTTER
Hi Krileon,
I have things working pretty smoothly but have run into a problem trying to send the confirmation email to the subscriber after they have successfully registered and paid. The system is setting their proper user access level etc.
However, the email that is sent from CB seems to not show the [PASSWORD]. It shows as available in the tooltip but does not seem to function. I have also tried [DETAILS].
The following is what is sent:

Hi Ira Tester11 Thank you for becoming a user of the EZEENewsletter service and your account has been set up. Your Registration Credentials are: Name: Ira Tester11 Username: listowner11 Password: [PASSWORD] DETAILS: Email: jcd@thebusinessclinic.net
Name: Ira Tester11
Username: listowner11 Email: jcd@thebusinessclinic.net
Name: Ira Tester11
Username: listowner11 Keep this information secure as you will need it to log into your newsletter and make changes, updates, add names, etc.

You'll notice the password substitution is not occuring.

I am unable to figure this one out, can you give me a solution? No doubt I am missing something but as you may imagine, getting the username and password to the new subscriber is critial.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Chris Dekle
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn