[SOLVED] How to configure CB Payments to forward new users to complete a CB profile?

2 years 1 month ago #328667 by krileon
Password is not included in emails nor will the substitution output anything unless you're using randomly generated passwords since that'd be the only way to get their password to them. Do not attempt to include passwords in any emails when they are user supplied.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 1 month ago #328668 by STUCKSHUTTER
Thanks, Krileon, I figured that might be the case.
A few quick questions:
1. If I let the system assign a password, would that allow the [PASSWORD] tag to work?

2. I am not seeing the usual Joomla email being sent as a result of a new user being added. Is that a setting in CB or Joomla that causes it not to be sent?

3. If all else fails, do you have a suggestion for how we can get the login password to the user or will they have to make sure to copy the password and their login name when registering?

Thanks for the help!
Chris Dekle

2 years 1 month ago #328670 by krileon

1. If I let the system assign a password, would that allow the [PASSWORD] tag to work?

Yes.

2. I am not seeing the usual Joomla email being sent as a result of a new user being added. Is that a setting in CB or Joomla that causes it not to be sent?

That is normal. CB handles the entire registration email process.

3. If all else fails, do you have a suggestion for how we can get the login password to the user or will they have to make sure to copy the password and their login name when registering?

You don't unless using randomly generated passwords (parameter in CB > Configuration > Registration). If passwords are user supplied do not attempt to in any way email it to them; that is a massive security vulnerability. Randomly generated passwords are also meant to be temporary and they should be changing them after login. I do not even recommend using randomly generated passwords, but we provide the feature for intranet solutions (internal sites). Let users deal with their own passwords. Every browser in existence has password management now and worst case they use forgot login to generate a temporary password.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 1 month ago #328671 by STUCKSHUTTER
Thanks again Krileon!
This is a great response and tells me everything I need to know... much appreciated.
Have a great weekend!
Chris Dekle
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

2 years 1 month ago #328681 by STUCKSHUTTER
Hi Krileon,
Almost there, the plans look terrific, and all we're inches from goal... but I am having a couple of puzzling issues I'm hoping you can help me resolve.
First is the system-generated password that is returned on registration is 61 characters long. The PW settings in Joomla are 14 characters and, when you use the "Lost Password" reset, the system returns a 14 character password. How can the registration PW returned be limited to 14 characters?

Also, I am unable to use the returned password/login name to sign on. I get a message "Error Incorrect email or password. Please try again." I am sure I am not including spaces, etc. Also, if I use the password reset, the system finds the login user name and returns a new password that works.

The login I am sending new users to the first time is www.ezenewsletters.com/newsletterz/ (login is in the fly-out menu - hamburger icon) and is the CBSubs login module.

I'm sure I'm doing something incorrectly here but cannot figure out what it is.

So you can duplicate what I'm seeing, go to www.ezenewsletters.com/newsletterz/

I have included the text of the email that the system returned on successful registration so you'll see what I'm seeing.

================= text of email follows =================

Hi IRA Tester11

Thank you for becoming a user of the EZEENewsletter service. your account has been set up.

Your Registration Credentials are:

Name: IRA Tester11

Username: listowner11

****** IMPORTANT - SAVE YOUR LOG IN INFORMATION BELOW ******

Email: jcd@thebusinessclinic.net
Name: IRA Tester11
Username: listowner11
Password: $2y$10$XvjVwAk.sDd9PL5fb1J3xOeA7Htm8P15n4iHMmUxTUP/KKeXH7YkW

Keep this information secure as you will need it to log into your newsletter and make changes, updates, add names, etc.

BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDERS FOR OTHER MESSAGES TO BE SURE YOU'VE NOT MISSED EMAILS SENT BY THE SYSTEM.

======================

Thank you again for being so helpful in wranging this to a success, we're nearly there so here is thanking you in advance for your help on this!
Chris Dekle

2 years 1 month ago #328689 by krileon
That's the encrypted password. A system generated password should only be 12 characters long. What email are you trying to send it in? It should only be in the Pending email and as part of the [details] substitution.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn