[SOLVED] How to configure CB Payments to forward new users to complete a CB profile?

2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #328756 by STUCKSHUTTER
Hi Kyle,
Thanks, we are getting somewhere... here is what I have observed from the suggested actions and results:

1. Turn off Auto Actions - did that, the issue did not go away.

2. Turn off CBPayments - did that, the issue was resolved, I received the desired "short" password.
(ATTACHED)

Values you wanted:
CB > Configuration > Registration
Generate Registration Passwords
Admin Approval
Email Confirmation
Pending Email Body
Welcome Email Body
(ATTACHED)

I truly appreciate your help in straightening this away and look forward to getting an understanding of just how to configure this for the "next time."
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 1 month ago #328761 by krileon
Are you adding usergroups to the user or using CBSubs Fields in the plan being purchased? Seams like an issue of double-store resulting in password being encoded into the user object before email is sent. Is it necessary to use randomly generated passwords? That's primarily for intranets as emailing someone a password isn't very secure.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 1 month ago #328763 by STUCKSHUTTER
Hi Kyle,

We use the CB Field "cb_region" which we include in the registration process.

We use the region in another Joomla component. To do that, we use CB Auto Actions to set the Joomla User Group based on the cb_region value.

Does the cb_region need to be picked up at registration? No, provided we collect it in the CB profile and that is available at the time the profile is submitted and will trigger the needed auto actions. Perhaps there is a better way but if so, we don't know what that might be.

Not necessary to use random password generation.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

Again, thanks for helping us pick through the details and get this working properly. Your code is bulletproof and a joy to work with and it makes updates and reliable execution of our site a dream. So, thanks again!

Let me know if you need more detail.
Chris

2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #328765 by krileon
Usage of CB Auto Actions isn't the problem. The problem is a store in CBSubs is causing the password encoding to be applied and cleartext password is lost.

Not necessary to use random password generation.

Then there really shouldn't be a problem here. Turn off randomly generate passwords and don't worry about trying to email people passwords as that's not a secure way to deliver passwords. They can always use forgot login to generate a temporary password if they forgot. We really do not want to encourage anyone to use randomly generated passwords for public facing sites; it's just not secure.

I've added a bug ticket to see if we can fix how cleartext password is passed to registration activation emails so it's less likely to be lost.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8879

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 1 month ago #328831 by STUCKSHUTTER
Thanks for all the help. We have now managed to get all the issues pretty much resolved and the messaging coming through correctly as far as we can tell with limited testing.

Perhaps you can help us with an issue we see on the completion of online payment. The payment message shows the phrase "using a stripe." I don't know if that's coming from Stripe or from you or the stripe CB plugin. Any help making this make sense or removing it entirely would be appreciated. (Attached is the message text that appears onscreen upon successful credit card payment.)

Thank you for any help you can provide...
Attachments:

2 years 1 month ago #328833 by krileon
That's the default payment method output behavior. Will replace it with a language string that makes more sense.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8889

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn