Where is the GroupJive Tab in Profile?

13 years 2 weeks ago #161017 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Where is the GroupJive Tab in Profile?
The GJ generated menu links will be under the GroupJive menu, simply navigate to it and all links GJ generates will be placed there. It does not add a feature to allow you to create menu links through Joomlas menu manager, that is not possible.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 weeks ago #161019 by Taboga
Replied by Taboga on topic Re: Where is the GroupJive Tab in Profile?
Finally! We are getting somewhere! I DONOT have any GJ menu links under my GJ menu. That is the problem! I have been trying to get to. I have all the integreations, functionality etc. But no way to get to the wall or forum or anything through GJ.

13 years 2 weeks ago #161028 by krileon

I DONOT have any GJ menu links under my GJ menu.

You need to generate them. Are you saying "Create Menu" is giving success message, but doing nothing?

But no way to get to the wall or forum or anything through GJ.

The wall and forum are seen inside of a Group, there is no link to get to them. Navigate to a Group and you'll see their tabs present. Forum will NOT be present based on various conditions, run GJ Tools to ensure there's not a problem with missing forum IDs. If a category has forum set to disabled then groups will NOT have forums either and thus no Forum tab. None of this (Wall, Forum, Files, etc..) will show on user profile OR have a link to those features directly, they're integrations for Groups.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 weeks ago #161042 by Taboga
Kyle, When I did a "Create menu" obviously nothing happened because when I log in to the front end and click on the groups tab, all I get is "my panel" and it only shows groups I am in, invites etc. There is NOTHING else, no wall or blog or anything to use.

13 years 1 week ago - 13 years 1 week ago #161095 by krileon
I have no idea what you're talking about. Am looking at your site and there is no issue. The groups tab on a users profile does NOT have links as it is NOT a menu. It strictly shows My Categories, My Groups, Joined Groups, and Invites; that is it.

When logged in and clicking the "Group Info" menu link that IS GroupJive, am not sure what more you're expecting. It's properly displaying your 2 categories as well as its menu to the left (this is NOT a Joomla menu).

GJ has no blog, no idea where that is coming from. The wall is shown IN a group. You navigate through the category, then select a group, and notice the Wall tab. Have confirmed this and all your other integrations as working on your own site.

Clicking "Create Menu" is also working perfectly fine; you receive an error because you can not have duplicate menus (J1.6 is extremely picky about this) and by cleaning out the trash of the "GroupComm" (name changed?) you can create more of the same link.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

13 years 1 week ago #161187 by Taboga
Kyle, just tell me how I can access my wall and other group jive functions. GroupJive events, Wall, FOrums, photos, videos, etc. they do not show under my profile anywhere on the front end. That is all I need.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn