Where is the GroupJive Tab in Profile?

13 years 2 weeks ago #160843 by Taboga
Replied by Taboga on topic Re: Where is the GroupJive Tab in Profile?
OMG! I just disabled "Profile Page Title" because right below it on the front end it also said "______Profile Page" no need to be redundant right?
Now my entire profile page with all it's tabs are missing. I get the websites front page instead of the profile info. I know you can just click on profile on the side, but all my tabs for registered users are now gone also? What the heck did I do?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 weeks ago #160901 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Where is the GroupJive Tab in Profile?

Taboga wrote: What I am missing is all the tabs for the wall and blog and so forth after you register, log in and select my groups. I only have a link for the panel menu. Everything else is blank. I wanted to be able to look at my wall and set it up, or my blog etc. (From a user-front end. But those tabs are no where? I have profilebook also, is that interfering? Because I don't have access to either from the user- front end

GJ does not manage your profile. You will not find Wall or Blog inside of GJs panel. The Panel is for managing a users GJ content.

OMG! I just disabled "Profile Page Title" because right below it on the front end it also said "______Profile Page" no need to be redundant right?
Now my entire profile page with all it's tabs are missing. I get the websites front page instead of the profile info. I know you can just click on profile on the side, but all my tabs for registered users are now gone also? What the heck did I do?

I've no idea what you've done, please revert your changes. I've already requested login credentials as at this point have absolutely no clue what the issue is as the thread has went through over 3 different problems now.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 weeks ago #160924 by krileon
Was able to find a bug in the XML for 2.3RC preventing the Groups tab from creating. This is now fixed for 2.3 Stable. I've installed the fixed release for you and the Groups tab is now present and can be found under Tabs Management. Please also confirm is working.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 weeks ago #160931 by Taboga
Right...but... on the front end when I select the groups tab, I don't get anything except the panel as an option. There is no menu for wall, blog etc. nothing but panel?
How do I add those, because I can't add them as GJ menu items because GJ is not even in the menu items list (When you go to add a menu item) I can't add them in the module because-there are no items to select from the menu. Kind of a circle I am going in, chasing my own tail

13 years 2 weeks ago #160940 by krileon

Right...but... on the front end when I select the groups tab, I don't get anything except the panel as an option. There is no menu for wall, blog etc. nothing but panel?

The tab isn't a menu, don't understand what you're asking. The tab displays your categories, groups, joined groups, and invites only.

How do I add those, because I can't add them as GJ menu items because GJ is not even in the menu items list (When you go to add a menu item) I can't add them in the module because-there are no items to select from the menu. Kind of a circle I am going in, chasing my own tail

You need to use the "Create Menu" link next to the "Frontend URL" when navigating GJ from backend to generate Joomla menu links. Alternatively if Itemid is of no relevance you can create External menu links leading to GJ pages.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

13 years 2 weeks ago #160944 by Taboga
I clicked on the create menu link and it I received a message saying that a menu was created. However, when I go to add menu items, there is no Group Jive in the "add menu items" box that pops up? I closed everything down, cleared cache, and tried again and nothing?
What am I missing? I don't want to use external links. This should work right?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn