Facebook connect doesn't appear to do anything

12 years 5 months ago #185518 by krileon

tassierambler wrote: OK, I ran the error console on Firefox 7.0.1 after clicking on both the FB Sign in and Link buttons and they both generate this error:

Error: Components.classes is undefined
Source File: chrome://jqs/content/overlay.js
Line: 9

Using Chrome, I turned on the JS Console and this message briefly flashes up:

2Unsafe JavaScript attempt to access frame with URL s-static.ak.fbcdn.net/connect/xd_proxy.php?version=3#cb=f38112b364&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tscc.org.au%2Ff720bd364&relation=opener&transport=postmessage&frame=f120fa5f4c&access_token=AAACRAZCqIIW0BACTfcYTaZBwl8a4LP0cmHqRZBr8UhokEbkpDrtXf1UVVJpDl8CaZBYiFUGZAIBksUf2rzFBenCYxke92KOmGkcfFdouutwZDZD&expires_in=3656&signed_request=of1r7v7wGVoS4vSskr616m0prV8kslj3PZrb7pNbqRE.eyJhbGdvcml0aG0iOiJITUFDLVNIQTI1NiIsImNvZGUiOiJBUUNJNTg0WVRLc0UzT0dMR1c4VWhJX1pmcXUyQUJQWGNBZXNFbUVfc05NYnZIMzdIVUptZmZWLWF1TkFhZ0dqNVVhbFZxWE43Xy12cjdaVFZmVkVCRTBmWXBuSmVSTHM2aFZzVGpfSkJaRFVJaE8yeF9CeG5oVXNCZ0lvaXJvZFFmbjk4RDZ1SGNwcFd3bmIxdVBkbi1scnBBdWYtVVZpT2VQSUhsT2V2bEEyNUxOWHU2REZFSXlDSllNd2tnRG85WXciLCJpc3N1ZWRfYXQiOjEzMjM5ODI3NDQsInVzZXJfaWQiOiI3MDc2Njg5NDEifQ from frame with URL www.tscc.org.au/. Domains, protocols and ports must match.

The URL you configured in your Facebook App does not match the site you're on. For example if I configured my App to use example.com/ then I tried to use FB on www.example.com/ then it would not work. This is a security implementation of Facebook.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #185519 by krileon
If issue persists please PM backend super administrator credentials and will take a look. Facebook has caused a lot of problems for developers and users alike recently so I've no confidence in the stability of their servers or API at this point.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #185521 by tassierambler
Replied by tassierambler on topic Re: Facebook connect doesn't appear to do anything
Will do, but I don't think it's the address. I copied and pasted the address directly from Firefox originally, and when I change it from www.tscc.org.au/ to just tscc.org.au in FB Apps I then get this message:

An error occurred with Tasmanian Sea Canoeing Club. Please try again later.

API Error Code: 191
API Error Description: The specified URL is not owned by the application
Error Message: Invalid redirect_uri: Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration.

12 years 5 months ago #185524 by GTvB
Hello,

my Facebook login works by now.

GTvB

Joomla: 2.5.6
CB: 1.8.1
GJ: 2.5.3 RC1
Kunena: 2.0.1
Website language: German
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

12 years 5 months ago #185583 by krileon

API Error Code: 191
API Error Description: The specified URL is not owned by the application
Error Message: Invalid redirect_uri: Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration.

Again, you're not viewing the website at the URL you've specified in your application. Facebook is very strict about this and there's nothing I can do about it. The instructs provide for you the exact live site URL that you should have added to your application and that you view your website as. I recommend re-reading the documentation included with FBC.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

12 years 5 months ago #185707 by GTvB
Hello,

Facebook login works fine with Firefox, but it doesn't work with IE9.
Do I have to change any settings in IE9 ?

GTvB

Joomla: 2.5.6
CB: 1.8.1
GJ: 2.5.3 RC1
Kunena: 2.0.1
Website language: German

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn