Facebook connect doesn't appear to do anything

12 years 4 months ago #185975 by tassierambler
Replied by tassierambler on topic Re: Facebook connect doesn't appear to do anything

krileon wrote: Doesn't work isn't descriptive. What "exactly" happens when you click the button? Please also test with default Joomla template as often 3rd party templates forget to include the message tag causing none of CB Connects error messages to display.

Sorry, when I say nothing happens, I mean nothing happens ...

ON my desktop (PC), when I click on the button, no messges come up in the error console, nothing comes up in the debug console, and nothing happens with the site.

If I try it on my Ipad2, where, as per my previous posts, it brings up a blank screen, and then refreshs the page, but that's it.

As per your suggestion, I tried it with the Beez2 - default template and that also does nothing.

I have also tried both the login and link button and they both do nothing. Feel free to go and click on the button yourself and see ...

I used the latest version of Artisteer - Artisteer 3.1 for Windows (3.1.0.46558) to develop my template.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #186026 by krileon
Have reviewed your site and have no idea what is wrong. The problem is the cookie isn't being retrieved which is vital to the function of the HTTP requests as it contains your code to be turned into an access_token. The cookie IS being set, but for some reason it can not be retrieved from $_COOKIE. I've no idea what's causing this and not much more I can do when core PHP isn't working right. I recommend contacting your host to see if you can upgrade to PHP 5.3 and see if that will resolve your issue as perhaps your host has a PHP build with a bug present.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #186127 by Big Tom
It does not work for me either. This is the error message in Firefox:

Error: [Exception... "'PopupNotifications_show: invalid browser' when calling method: [nsILoginManagerPrompter::promptToSavePassword]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "JS frame :: resource:///components/nsLoginManager.js :: <TOP_LEVEL> :: line 967" data: no]
Source File: resource:///components/nsLoginManager.js
Line: 967

and for Twitter:

Error: uncaught exception: Error: Permission denied for <oauth.twitter.com> to get property Proxy.InstallTrigger

12 years 4 months ago #186158 by krileon
Facebook Connect 1.8 and CB Connect 2.0.1 have been released. There was a bug from Facebooks end preventing FBC from functioning on IE. I've implemented a workaround to get it working again (channelURL wasn't working properly). Please upgrade if you've not done so already.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn