[SOLVED] CB User Groups Not Synced with Joomla

12 years 1 month ago #195606 by ortomedia
Replied by ortomedia on topic Re: CB User Groups Not Synced with Joomla
Hi Kyle,

Yep that's what I first thought but nothing has changed in the Joomla config for the user groups and the only thing that's different is the new CB redirect plugin. So I disabled it and still the same results!
It's beginning to drive me insane as I've also just installed 3 older backups of the same site on a testing server (J 1.7.4 and CB 1.7.1) and they are working fine. So it appears to be something now to do with J 2.5.3 or the new plugin (even though it was disabled?)...

I have double-checked the permissions and the published Profile menu item and they are identical as far as I can see to the testing server versions. I need to try and get this working on 2.5.3 so I guess I'll keep trying.. :blink:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #195610 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB User Groups Not Synced with Joomla
Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and can try taking a look for you. Please ensure you also provide a user I can repeatedly test this issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #195751 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB User Groups Not Synced with Joomla
Neither of the login types (Client or Agent) appear to be working. There seams to be some sort of redirect or something of the sort in place that's hijacking the login process. For example enter random letters and username and password (fake credentials) and it errors out to the correct user page, but a proper login redirects away and never completes its login. I've no idea what is installed that's causing this however, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #195756 by ortomedia
Ok I'll keep looking then. It happened right after I had installed the new CB redirect plugin so i disable it and now it doesn't work! It's probably a coincidence but there was nothing else I was working on apart from article content at the time. Hmmm....

Thanks for the CB Auto actions tips though, now working a treat!

Shorn.

12 years 1 month ago #195759 by ortomedia
Nope I'm stumped. I have a backup of the site from a week earlier (unfortunately with a load of content missing) that appears to be exactly the same apart from the CB version and the Redirect plugin wasn't installed. It can't be the plugin when disabled so it must be down to the CB upgrade. Might have to resort to an older version and face a lot of content copying and editing.......

12 years 1 month ago #195762 by ortomedia
Hi again,

So I have managed to find the problem on the site after checking every single plugin, component and menu etc and the access levels.
It turned out to be the main permissions on the site that had been changed somehow - the client and agent levels were not allowed to login according to the permissions but they had been fine just 2 days before.

I have no idea how this changed and I guess the code in the CB redirect doesn't affect the main permissions (?) so I am at a loss as to what caused this.

I have disable your login for now Kyle as I need to launch the site tomorrow but thanks again for having a look and your support.

Shorn.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn