[SOLVED] CB User Groups Not Synced with Joomla

12 years 1 month ago #195517 by nant

ortomedia wrote: So that will guarantee that this will then work? What is the bug and is this a known issue that I can read in the forum?

Also, if I upgrade to 1.8, can i upgrade without losing all my settings for 1.7.1?

Thanks,

Shorn.

Yes. CB 1.8 was built and released as an upgrade to better support Joomla 2.5 ACL groups (see old newsletters and front page articles).

You will not lose any settings. You will lose any code hacks you may have done.

You need to do your own testing on a cloned environment - do not believe anything anyone tells you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #195519 by ortomedia
Replied by ortomedia on topic Re: CB User Groups Not Synced with Joomla
Ok Nick,

Thanks for the quick support again.

I'll see how it goes!

Cheers,

Shorn.

12 years 1 month ago #195525 by ortomedia
Hi Nick,

I have successfully upgraded CB and the relevant mods and comps to the latest versions and everything is still working fine. Well, apart from the initial problem which caused me to post in the first place!

I have 2 registration groups on the website, one for agents and one for clients and each group has different pages to view etc. Quite straight forward ... Well, until for some reason the agent login keeps denying access to the users.

This may be something unrelated but I am sure it happened after renaming a group in ACL before I updated to CB 1.8 (which I was hoping would resolve the issue!)

I have attached a screen shot of the hierarchy to see if you can possibly see what it going wrong? I originally needed a user to be added to a group automatically depending on the URL they register through but have also been unable to get the CB Autoactions plugin to work either ( a separate issue !) so just need to try and get this working somehow. It must be my error somewhere..... :huh:

Thanks,

Shorn.

CB 1.8
Joomla 2.5.3
Attachments:

12 years 1 month ago #195532 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB User Groups Not Synced with Joomla
If I understand correctly the user with "Agent" as usergroup can not login? What error are you receiving exactly? Have you ran CB tools (all except sample data) to see if there were any database issues CB could find?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #195534 by ortomedia
Hi Kyle,

Thanks for the quick response! Yeah it's the agents who can't sign in. They are getting redirected to the /comprofiler/login page with the following message:

You cannot access the private section of this site.
Please login first.

I think this may be some kind of mess up with the access levels or something but I've tried all the tools under CB and everything comes back as ok (green).

Really stumped.

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #195559 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB User Groups Not Synced with Joomla
Hmm, that's a Joomla error. Please ensure your Joomla menu link to CBs profile is public and published. This link is mandatory. No idea why it affects just "Agents" as it should affect everyone.

Joomla kicks that error when trying to access a link which has an Itemid of a menu link that is of higher permission then your self. What ends up happening is the POST url ends up landing on a page with an Itemid of "Registered" or greater so Joomla redirects away with the error you're seeing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn