[SOLVED] CB User Groups Not Synced with Joomla

12 years 1 month ago #195811 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB User Groups Not Synced with Joomla
No idea what changed the permissions. CB nor the CB Auto Actions plugin can do that. Glad you were able to resolve your issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #195831 by ortomedia
Replied by ortomedia on topic Re: CB User Groups Not Synced with Joomla
Yep that's what I thought. Anyway, it's working now fine.

On the same site I do still have a problem which has become apparent today though as the client has pointed out to me. As you have seen I have 2 login access levels with different options shown to each group. I also have 2 versions of the CBLogin module as I needed to title these different and redirect based on the viewing level.

The problem i have though is that if an agent enters the wrong details by mistake it redirects to a login form at the client login URL. This means that when the agent then logs in they are actually in the wrong section of the site so no menu is shown.

Is it possible to alter the redirect plugin with CB Auto actions to ensure this doesn't happen? Or do you think there is a better way to handle this?

Thanks again,

Shorn.

12 years 1 month ago #195835 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB User Groups Not Synced with Joomla
Your login module, regardless of the link, is POSTing to the client-login. You'll need to create menu links to CBs registration (2, 1 with client access and 1 with agent access) so the module will use the correct Itemid for its POST.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #195932 by ortomedia
Replied by ortomedia on topic Re: CB User Groups Not Synced with Joomla
Hi Kyle,

Please see this urgent post as I have implemented a work around to my original problem but have discovered the cause of the problem...my CB installation is saving user passwords as plain text -

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/195930-cb-registration-storing-passwords-as-plain-text

Have you ever seen this before? I'm going round in circles with this particular site as I fix one thing and something else breaks.

I have J2.5.3, CB 1.8 (with #3354 patch) and CB Auto actions (now turned off just in case).

Thanks,

Shorn.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn