Payment Notification not enabling plan

11 years 7 months ago #211031 by aamet
Replied by aamet on topic Re: Payment Notification not enabling plan
Clicking on "Pay now" corrects the entry, but the 'Active expiring' date becomes today's date, rhather than the original paypal payment/registration date. So a couple of questions, assuming a user first registered and paid on 09/09/12 and the correction with "Pay now" was made on 20/09/12; Also assuming that CB Subs is set to extend a renewal to the same date as registration, regardless of when payment is made:

1. How would this impact the anniversary renewal a year down the line? Do these mismatching renewal date entries need to now be corrected at table level to match the Paypal 09/09/13 recurring payment date? If so which table/column should be manually updated?

If table is not manually edited, will paypal simply take a payment on 09/09/13 and the account extend to 20/09/14? Or will there be issues?

What other issues do you envisage. I need to get these fixed soonest before we lose track of them. thanks, David

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #211056 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Payment Notification not enabling plan
By default CB extends the subscription from point of payment received (IPN/PDT received). So if they expired on the 9th and renwed on the 11th, they're not charged for the 10th. I believe you can configure it to expend from expiration with the "Manual renewal extends expiration date as follows" parameter, but this only affects manual renewals. Auto recurring renewals are always correctly calculated to renew when plan expires or is about to expire.

The duration that the subscription is extended is purely based off the duration configured for the plan. If the duration is 1 year then I renew it will add another year onto my subscription from point of renewal.

I don't see any issue present and am not sure exactly what you're wanting to have. It always renews exactly at expiration unless renewal is done manually.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #211828 by aamet
How is the bug fix going? At the moment this is causing alot of manual intervention setting user accounts to paid from within CB Profile, causing my clients some grief.

At present the CB Subs setup for this site is set to extend from the subscription date regardless of the actual payment date.

As you stated, having to re-enable the users manually as they are showing as having not paid, is pushing their registration renewal dates further back (i.e. extending anniversary as from the manual intervention date). It is still not clear to me whether issues will occur a year later when Paypal then renews on the original registration anniversary (as that is still lodged in the paypal profile), but their CB Subs subscription does not expire until a later period when an account was manually corrected.

11 years 7 months ago #212149 by krileon
I've tested CBSubs numerous times with PayPal and it's working fine. The bug ticket is closed as non-issue as none of us can duplicate the problem. We're using 2.0.2 with PayPal here at Joomlaplois and it too is working fine. I suspect this is simply some sort of configuration issue, but I've no idea where its been configured wrongly. If absolutely necessary simply install an older version of CBSubs that you can recall functioning as needed then perform the upgrade on your developer install to see where the problem could be coming from (adjusting configurations, etc..).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 7 months ago #212155 by aamet
I'm referring to your quote below. Why has this suddenly happened to the extent that EVERY NEW USER registering as a member is paying successfully in Paypal, and on the Users profile is disabled and saying Not Paid and with a PAY NOW Button?

You then go on to also say "The PDT was successful and the IPN informed you that the recurring signup was successful. So the users subscription should be working and active fine, but this will likely cause issues on renewal."

Yet you do not qualify what these issues on renewal will be or how they are to be resolved or avoided. Can you please provide a clear summary of your view of this whole topic, whether there are any bugs, display or otherwise, and what you propose to be done to resolve the problems my user is experiencing. If this is a configuration issue (what is it likely to be that it can cause a user ID by setting it to be zero??). That does not make sense to me.

krileon wrote: Have reviewed your install and tested locally. It seams for whatever reason the user_id isn't properly being pulled from the IPN. I've confirmed the IPNs are basically failing and only PDT is working. This is very likely an API change from PayPals end. I've created an immediate priority bug ticket for this to be reviewed and fixed immediately for a new release. I apologize for the inconvenience. For now please manually renew your users from within CB > User Management or edit their subscription from CBSubs > Subscriptions.

11 years 7 months ago #212162 by krileon
I progressively updated the topic with my review findings. The user id issue is purely display related and irrelevant. I've investigated locally and it's working fine here. I suspect something configured is preventing the subscriptions from becoming active, but I don't know what specifically. I've informed Beat and Nick on my findings and hopefully can get some further input, sorry I don't know what more to tell you other then downgrade to last known working CBSubs for you.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn