Field group bug

1 year 6 months ago #330835 by rbuelund
Replied by rbuelund on topic Field group bug
I will take a look at the data in the database later tonight. Why did this problem occur at all ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 6 months ago #330836 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Field group bug

Why did this problem occur at all ?

I redesigned our CB Repeat jQuery plugin so it doesn't have to re-index the entire repeat usage every time a row was added, removed, or moved. Large repeat usages would lose data when this re-indexing failed and it often did in large repeat usages especially when moving rows. That can't happen anymore now that it's redesigned to only index new rows and it will keep track of repeat usages indexes so it knows the next index. This process was also incredibly slow and it's now lightning fast.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 6 months ago #330839 by rbuelund
Replied by rbuelund on topic Field group bug
I think the bug had corrupted my data in the row where I had tried to save new values:

{"1":{"cb_teammode":"2022-12-14"}}

I changed it to:

[{"cb_teammode": "2022-12-14"}]

And now I can save new values to the field again.

1 year 6 months ago #330842 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Field group bug
Both formats are perfectly valid and don't cause any issues in my tests. The first format can happen if you have 2 rows and deleted the first row this causes index 0 to be removed and index 1 to remain. Adding a new row should then have an index of 2 not 1 or 0.

Please be sure you've ran both database fix tools as instructed earlier as this will be a problem if the column is stuck as JSON instead of TEXT, which it shouldn't be as that should've migrated on install.

See the below screenshots of this structure working fine.

Single Row

Add New Row

Stored 2 Rows

Displayed 2 Rows

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds