Update to CB Activity failed

3 months 2 weeks ago #336635 by uwe2023
Replied by uwe2023 on topic Update to CB Activity failed
Hi Kyle,
I changed the collation 10 min ago, tried a new installation of CB 6, and it failed.

I changed it again with "change table structure"  checked, tried a a new installation, and it worked. But I think, it was your new update release :-) 

But the installation worked, so lets see if everything is working at it should, now.

Thanks!
Uwe
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 months 2 weeks ago #336636 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Update to CB Activity failed
Awesome, thanks for letting me know! Yeah, it was probably the new release. I'm forcing the collations now and will just do that going forward from now on since we know what collation we need anyway it's the best approach.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 months 2 weeks ago #336637 by uwe2023
Replied by uwe2023 on topic Update to CB Activity failed
best greetings from Germany and thank you for your greta work!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

3 months 2 weeks ago #336640 by Flarup1956
Replied by Flarup1956 on topic Update to CB Activity failed
I get the same install error. and have run CB tools to fix the database...What to do? 

Attachments:

3 months 2 weeks ago #336641 by Pomond
Replied by Pomond on topic Update to CB Activity failed
I'm getting an error, too, but a different one: an "incorrect string value" for column 'icon_html' at row 1
Attachments:

3 months 1 week ago #336645 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Update to CB Activity failed

I get the same install error. and have run CB tools to fix the database...What to do?

You've a really long table prefix causing the table name to exceed your databases length limit. I don't have a solution for this. There's no way to increase SQL limits. Did you set your table prefix yourself or did Joomla set such a long prefix? If Joomla did will consider renaming the table, but if you set it really long yourself then I suggest re-evaluating the table prefix you're using and rename your tables as it's very long. Table prefix is normally only 3-4 characters.

I'm getting an error, too, but a different one: an "incorrect string value" for column 'icon_html' at row 1

That's a collation issue. Encoding isn't set to utf8mb4, but probably utf8mb3. That should've been fixed by latest build release though since we force correct collation now. Try running the database check tool in CB > Tools for core CB and plugins.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn