Update to CB Activity failed

3 months 2 weeks ago #336620 by uwe2023
Replied by uwe2023 on topic Update to CB Activity failed
Hi Kyle,

is ther already a solution for my problem with the installation? The message is: "The recommended collation is utf8mb4_unicode_ci. Error: Illegal mix of collations (utf8mb4_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8mb4_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation 'like' "

I hadn´t this problem with CB Activity 5.0

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 months 2 weeks ago #336624 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Update to CB Activity failed
If the tool couldn't fix this for you you'll have to do so manually within your database. This happens on older Joomla 3 installs that have migrated over time that never had their database collations fixed. Easiest way to do this is with phpMyAdmin under the Operations tab you can change the collation for all tables and their columns to the correct utf8mb4_unicode_ci.

I would like to automatically fix this for you, but it's too risky for us to be tampering with all your table collations on install of a plugin. Good news is it's a 1 time fix and your database will have the correct collations for the forseable future.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 months 2 weeks ago - 3 months 2 weeks ago #336631 by uwe2023
Hi Kyle,

this collation was already set to utf8mb4_unicode_ci in the database.

est regards Uwe
Attachments:

3 months 2 weeks ago #336632 by uwe2023
...and cookooning.com is not an updated installation, it is a new installation

3 months 2 weeks ago #336633 by krileon
Make sure the _comprofiler_plugin_activity table and its columns all have utf8mb4_unicode_ci collation. You're getting a mixed collation error. For some reason something is set to utf8mb4_general_ci. You need to check the tables you only checked the database itself with the above. Additional fixes have been put in place but they can't fix an existing install.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 months 2 weeks ago #336634 by krileon
Ok, have released a new build release that tries to force the table collations. It's not going to fix issues where 1 column has the wrong collation, but should stop this from happening again. You can give this new build a try and see if that works for you.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.454 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn