[SOLVED] Facebook plugin error: user failed to initiate

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 1 month ago #155256 by creative-bytes
The Site URL in facebook is correct ( www.domain.com/ ) and the API codes are copy-pasted into the plugin. The login module is set to integrate with CB plugins.

When trying to log in, plugin asks for username en password of facebook account, asks if you want the share your profile data en then gives the error: user failed to initiate.

Were did it go wrong?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #155320 by krileon
This can happen for any number of reasons, but what's happening is the PHP API is failing to make a successful call to retreive your user data. This could be due to privacy issues with your account, misconfigured Facebook App, fatal JS error (see browser error console), and more.

At this point it's undetermined what the cause is; likely the fact we're dependent on a 3rd party API provided by Facebook, which prevents us from making any sort of fixes if necessary.

This issue however does not mean everyone is experiencing problems. For example your account may not connect, but mine might. I can investigate further if backend login credentials are provided via PM.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago #155341 by krileon
Reviewed your install and you do not have the login module displayed on all pages. This is required in order for the API to remain initiated as it is loaded through the login module. Having only available at a login page will not allow the API to maintain it self. It is creating the user, but due to redirects it is not logging the user in after they're created.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago #155383 by creative-bytes
Replied by creative-bytes on topic Re: Facebook plugin error: user failed to initiate
Ah okay, I missed that bit :blush:

So if i load the CB login module in a div, which is very small and has overflow hidden so you can't see it, would it work? The idea behind this is that i wouldn't have to change the layout of the website, because the client likes it like this, but the module would still be loading on each page (only not visible because it is to small).

Or would this cause other problems because when you hit login, the module would be loaded twice?

13 years 2 months ago #155463 by krileon

So if i load the CB login module in a div, which is very small and has overflow hidden so you can't see it, would it work?

Yes, this would hide it from display, but still allow API to load on every page.

Or would this cause other problems because when you hit login, the module would be loaded twice?

Internal code is in place to prevent dual API rendering, so this would not be a problem.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

13 years 2 months ago #155503 by creative-bytes
Replied by creative-bytes on topic Re: Facebook plugin error: user failed to initiate
Sadly i'm still running into the same problem: user failed to initiate.

The module is in a very small div en is loaded on each page. Source code tell's me it does. Even tried to put the module into a regular position, but still no luck (same error).

I do get a partscollect.0 error in both IE and FF

FF gives me yet another error after trying to login with facebook:

uncaught exception: [Exception... "Cannot modify properties of a WrappedNative" nsresult: "0x80570034 (NS_ERROR_XPC_CANT_MODIFY_PROP_ON_WN)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://global/content/bindings/autocomplete.xml :: onxblpopuphiding :: line 825" data: no]

Does this have anything to do with it or is this caused by something else??

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.383 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn