Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Facebook plugin error: user failed to initiate

13 years 2 months ago #156674 by creative-bytes
Replied by creative-bytes on topic Re: Facebook plugin error: user failed to initiate
Well uninstalling and reinstalling plugin didn't work here. I even deleted the app in facebook and created a new one. When trying to login it does ask if i want to share my data, so the connection is made....however it is unable to maintain it, because i keep getting the error and am unable to login.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 2 months ago #156707 by krileon
I encourage Professional subscribers to try CB Connect and see if connection is successful. I have to review upgrading the FBC PHP library as seams some things may have been changed. Some users are going to have problems connecting due to profile privacy settings, conflicts, etc.. Please test with multiple accounts if possible. Most users stating the failed to initiate issue and have invested am able to login perfectly fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago #156710 by creative-bytes
Replied by creative-bytes on topic Re: Facebook plugin error: user failed to initiate
I tested with 3 different accounts and all of them get the error. All accounts have privacy settings set to recommanded, they are asked to allow sharing their data and then they all get the failed error. What privacy settings are mandatory??

13 years 2 months ago #156757 by creative-bytes
ff now shows a partcollect error after trying to login:

Fout: partscollect[0] is undefined
Bronbestand: www.uniformboard.nl/administrator/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=editPlugin&cid=507
Regel: 398

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 2 months ago #156768 by krileon

creative-bytes wrote: ff now shows a partcollect error after trying to login:

Fout: partscollect[0] is undefined
Bronbestand: www.uniformboard.nl/administrator/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=editPlugin&cid=507
Regel: 398

Another user had a similar issue. It came from a CB Video plugin which was conflicting. Fatal JS errors will prevent FBC from working correctly. Please PM backend login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago #156773 by creative-bytes
You already have them, i'm just still having issues ;) The video plugin was indeed causing problems, but you already disabled this plugin. It still is disabled, so unless it is causing problems because it is still installed (only disabled)....this shouldn't be it.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon