[SOLVED] Facebook plugin error: user failed to initiate

13 years 2 months ago #155858 by creative-bytes
Replied by creative-bytes on topic Re: Facebook plugin error: user failed to initiate
Could it be that when i tested the plugin using the clients facebook inlog-codes, the plugin somehow linked these codes to my super administrator account (i was logged in on the backend)???

If this is the case, how do i disable this link??? By deleting my super admin account?

And the log out button surely only links to the cb login-module....so hitting logout doesn't have any effect on the facebook login??

Do you get your own account when you login or do you aswell get the mkbdigitaal account?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #155877 by krileon

- he isn't getting his own account, but gets logged in as my super administrator account. This isn't supposed to happen ofcourse and is absolutly unsafe (let's make it easy to hack the website).

If he logged into the site through normal means then clicked the FBC button he just synchronized the two accounts. This is normal behavior. You can't simply login with FBC and instantly have SA access.

- he couldn't log out using the logout button. He had to go to the logIN button to logOUT

As with the Sign In button after login with FBC there will be a Sign Out button. Clicking this will logout. Normal logout through CB or Joomla will not work as they must be logged out through the API. The normal logout button is removed when logged in via FBC.

Could it be that when i tested the plugin using the clients facebook inlog-codes, the plugin somehow linked these codes to my super administrator account (i was logged in on the backend)???

Yes, if you were logged into Joomla already on frontend this is exactly what it'll do.

If this is the case, how do i disable this link??? By deleting my super admin account?

Simply edit the user from backend and empty the "Facebook ID" field.

And the log out button surely only links to the cb login-module....so hitting logout doesn't have any effect on the facebook login??

You need to use the logout button added by the plugin to the login module.

Do you get your own account when you login or do you aswell get the mkbdigitaal account?

You get your own account, but you can also link your FBC account to an existing login.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago #155914 by Mangiok
I have a log out problem as well.

I can see and click on logout and when I do, this is what I get
Session expired or cookies are not enabled in your browser. Please press "reload page" in your browser, and enable cookies in your browser. Please refresh/reload page before filling-in.

13 years 2 months ago #155936 by creative-bytes
Replied by creative-bytes on topic Re: Facebook plugin error: user failed to initiate
I'm getting the hang of it now. It's perfectly logical.....once you're getting it B)

Thank you very much!!!

Should i change the title to [SOLVED] ??

13 years 2 months ago #155970 by krileon

Mangiok wrote: I have a log out problem as well.

I can see and click on logout and when I do, this is what I get
Session expired or cookies are not enabled in your browser. Please press "reload page" in your browser, and enable cookies in your browser. Please refresh/reload page before filling-in.

Please ensure you're using CB 1.4, if so please navigate to CB Configuration and on the Integration tab set Enable anti-spoofing sessions checks to No. Once done please test and confirm if issue still present.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #156305 by creative-bytes
The problem seems to be back, both me and the client can't login. Only thing i did was removing the facebook ID as you said. Video plugin is still disabled, i'm not getting any error messages or fatal js errors. The only thing i'm getting is this: www.facebook.com : server does not support RFC 5746, see CVE-2009-3555

Twitter plugin still works fine.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.316 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn