Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Facebook plugin error: user failed to initiate

13 years 2 months ago #156392 by creative-bytes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #156393 by creative-bytes
Replied by creative-bytes on topic Re: Facebook plugin error: user failed to initiate
And after trying to logon (and recieving the error) IE8 gives me this error:

URI: connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js

• cocacool
  • cocacool
13 years 2 months ago #156395 by cocacool
having same issue

tryed to log on via Facebook and twitter (both are my Mrs`s account´s who is not registered to my new website)- cookies allowed

Error Facebook connect : Error -Facebook user failed to initiate
Error Twitter connect : "Es ist ein technischer Fehler aufgetreten.
Vielen Dank für deine Aufmerksamkeit - wir lösen das Problem
und alles wird bald wieder seine Richtigkeit haben."

transl. - dont know if u guys speak german
--- An error occured, thank´s for your attention - we resove the problem to get back to normal ASAP---

could not resolve it myself, dont know if it ever worked - installed Yesterday

what could couse this
-mybe an other plugin???
I use :
CB package1.4
+
CB Twitter 1.1
CB Facebook 1.2
CB Privacy 1.3
CB Connections
CB Captcha 2.3
CB plug for AcyMailing

-cache is on!

ideas??

• krileon
  • krileon
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #156437 by krileon

creative-bytes wrote: Found an error in IE8:

Invalid Argument

www.uniformboard.nl/?fb_xd_fragment#?=&cb=f11dabde7cd31b8&relation=parent&transport=fragment&frame=feef26c069bc9

This is happening from a Facebook LIKE button after being clicked. Seeing as FBC has no such feature please investigate possible other Facebook based extension installed.

forum.developers.facebook.net/viewtopic.php?id=60571

Error Facebook connect : Error -Facebook user failed to initiate

Common if the PHP rest API call fails. This can happen if you don't have cURL or JSON installed or if the cookie failed to set, etc... Please also ensure the login module is on all pages you want the API rendered as without it the API won't load.

--- An error occured, thank´s for your attention - we resove the problem to get back to normal ASAP---

No idea, Twitter plugin has no such error message in it. This would seam to be coming from elsewhere.

Please ensure are using FBC 1.2 and Twitter 1.1 plugins. Please also understand EXTERNAL API (that is API we did not make) accounts for 90% of these integrations. We are dependent on Facebook and Twitters own API stability. If there is an issue on their end it will cause problems on your end; this is just one of the risks to take using such plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by krileon.

13 years 2 months ago #156584 by creative-bytes
Replied by creative-bytes on topic Re: Facebook plugin error: user failed to initiate
No other facebook extensions are installed, besides I'm getting the error whitout clicking on anything. The error occurs when loading the frontpage and every other page I open. There are no FB modules, there's nothing in the index.php wich would be loading something from fB....I can't find anything other then the CB login module.

After clearing cache and cookies, IE8 gives the "facebook user failed to initiate" error on every page before even trying to login. Very strange because how can a login fail if I haven't even tried to login.

Multiple errors showing in IE8:

Bericht: 'undefined' is leeg of geen object
Regel: 12
Teken: 848
Code: 0
URI: connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js

Bericht: Deze eigenschap of methode wordt niet ondersteund door dit object
Regel: 43
Teken: 20
URI: www.uniformboard.nl/?fb_xd_fragment

Bericht: Ongeldig argument.
Regel: 214
Teken: 1
URI: www.uniformboard.nl/?fb_xd_fragment

Firefox gives no errors at all, besides the failed error after trying to login.

Twitter plugin still workes fine. Do however have a problem with groupjive al of the sudden, I can't seem to make new groups or categories. When I click on save it says the new group has been saved....only it's not there :S I had to make a new group from whitin the mysql database. I can change an existing one and the changes are being saved. It worked perfectly before and no changes have been made here.

• cocacool
  • cocacool
13 years 2 months ago #156594 by cocacool
Cheers...

twitter seems to be solved - looks like it was them not me...
deinstaled plugin
reinstalled ... nothing
deleted twitter app on twitter.com, created new one - solved!

facebook plugin is still not working...going back to beginning
I ll give feedback about my results...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon