[SOLVED] Facebook plugin error: user failed to initiate

13 years 2 months ago #155669 by creative-bytes
Replied by creative-bytes on topic Re: Facebook plugin error: user failed to initiate
Nobody knows???

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #155700 by krileon
You've a fatal error on your site concerning partscollect. This will stop FBC from moving forward as JS fatal errors work the same as PHP fatal errors as in any code loaded after the error will never execute.

Reviewing your install this error was coming from CB My Videos (cb.video). I've disabled this plugin and tested FBC login confirming working. Please test with your login.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago #155722 by creative-bytes
Replied by creative-bytes on topic Re: Facebook plugin error: user failed to initiate
I'm still unable to login using facebook :( I did look in facebook settings and found that the account does have permission to use the application created for the website. Permission to use the account info and permission to use the emailadres. Can't figure out what else might be wrong. I'm glad to hear that you could logon using Facebook, can't test it for myself however :(

13 years 2 months ago #155787 by krileon
What message are you seeing after login attempt or how is it behaving for you now? I was able to login successfully once I disabled the above mentioned plugin (please do not re-enable it, it is bugged).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago #155856 by creative-bytes
I'm still getting te same error: user failed to initiate.

Even created a new facebook account to test. Site asked for permission to share my data, i confirmed en then got the same error.

Also tested it in IE7, IE8, Avant Browser and FF.....all the same. It might be my pc caching, asked my client to test aswell but don't have an answer yet. If you have any other bright ideas, let me know!

I left the video plugin disabled, thanks for your help so far!!

13 years 2 months ago #155857 by creative-bytes
Shure, just after i posted i got a relpy from my client.

Cleint IS able to login using facebook plugin, BUT:

- he isn't getting his own account, but gets logged in as my super administrator account. This isn't supposed to happen ofcourse and is absolutly unsafe (let's make it easy to hack the website).

- he couldn't log out using the logout button. He had to go to the logIN button to logOUT :huh:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.542 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn