CB query fields question

1 year 6 months ago #330844 by activha
CB query fields question was created by activha
Hello
I have some CB query fields with query the DB for a value and work fine.
However on a field which was a change from text field to CB query, some values were already existing and it seems that the replacement in the frontend is the old value, not the new one.
Is there a setting that I missed to overwrite the old values ?
Could I change this by an autoaction and how ?
Tahnks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 6 months ago #330846 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB query fields question
Query fields don't have any storage so I don't understand what issue you're having. Please be more specific.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 6 months ago #330847 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB query fields question
This was a CB field three years ago, we changed it for CB query but the old value is still in the database and is used instead of the query value

1 year 6 months ago #330848 by krileon
Delete the old column from the database.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 6 months ago #330849 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB query fields question
You mean the full cb_field column ?? won't this delete the field in the backend and we would have to rebuild all links to it ?

1 year 6 months ago #330850 by krileon
If it's a query field it has no storage so it shouldn't have a column in _comprofiler. Are you sure you're using a Query fieldtype specifically? It shouldn't be displaying old stored values as it has no functionality to even do that. This makes me believe it's not a Query fieldtype and is some other type.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn