CB query fields question

1 year 6 months ago #331009 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB query fields question
Hi Kyle
Following your suggestion to link an html field and a cb query field, I have noticed that cb html fields would not display when they are chained by ajax.
For instance I have a query field which chains two other fields and this works great. But if I add an html field after to be displayed as an explanation in the ajax chain, the field is not displayed. It displays only after a reload of the page.
Is this normal behavior ? That would be great to include these fields in an ajax display to provide detailed explanations

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 6 months ago #331013 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB query fields question
Chained by ajax? I'm sorry this topic has become gargantuan and is 5 pages long. Please explain the exact issue in detail.

If you mean with the ajax update feature it won't insert a field into the page. It only updates an existed rendered field. So you need to be sure it's at least initially rendered on the page (it's fine if it's hidden via CSS, CB Conditional, etc..). There are no plans to ever dynamically insert fields into the page via ajax response at this time.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 6 months ago #331017 by activha
The field C is an HTML field already rendered on the page.
I added it in the additional fields settings of another one which is a CB Query field A

In the ajax settings field A called field B (another query) and field C (HTML)
Field C is conditioned to be shown only if field A is not empty.

When A is empty C displays correctly, but when A is updated via ajax to have a value, then C is not updated and stays visible until a manual reload of the page.

Hope it's better explained

1 year 6 months ago #331019 by krileon
Ok, so ajax update isn't triggering your condition then correct?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 6 months ago #331022 by activha
Yup that’s it for the html field

1 year 6 months ago #331023 by krileon
Please provide you exact configuration as configuring a custom html field to only show if a dropdown field has X value and for it to update on that dropdown field while strange does work fine. Is your custom html field resulting in am empty response? If so be sure its "Display Empty Update On" is set to "Enable" for it to still output. You said it doesn't work when field a is updated, but field a isn't being updated in your description above field b and c are. Do you have something like the following?

Field 1 > Updates Field 2 > Updates Field 3

In this example Field 2 being your query field and Field 3 being your Custom HTML field. Then have the following.

Field 3 > Conditions Field 2

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.541 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn