CB query fields question

1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #331029 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB query fields question
Config is :
Field A :
QueryDropDown single select
Ajax : Additional fields  B query field, C html field - profile view display enabled
Field conditional show : Users (displayed user) is [cb:userdata field="user_id" user="#me" /] - view access levels (viewing user) has Staff access

Field B : query field
Ajax : update on field A - display empty enabled - Profile view display enabled
Field conditional show : if Field A (displayed user) equal to 26

Field C : 
Html field
Ajax : update on field A - display empty enabled - Profile view display enabled
Field conditional show : if field A empty for displayed user

on ajax edition field A empty -> Field B and field C appears correctly but field C disappear on save - I have to reload the page to make field C reappear

On the contrary on ajax edition field A not empty -> field C disappear on ajax but stays visible under until I reload the page

Trying to remove field B gives same result

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 6 months ago #331031 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB query fields question
Remove the condition from Field C and see what the field is displaying after the save. It might be completely empty and is why it's not displaying.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 6 months ago #331040 by activha
Removing the condition gives the same behavior.
the field is correctly updated on the ajax edition but not on the save.
I need to reload the page to change its display.

1 year 6 months ago #331047 by krileon
So the field displays now with the condition removed, but its values are wrong? Very strange it's only impacting Custom HTML fields. Please PM backend super user login credentials and will take a look as am having a hard time replicating your setup.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 6 months ago #331050 by activha
PM sent
Thanks

1 year 6 months ago #331056 by krileon
I'm not sure I understand the problem. Your Custom HTML field #427 is configured to hide if the #408 field is empty. It appears to do this just fine on profile edit and ajax editing on profile view. #427 also doesn't have any substitutions in it so am unsure why you have ajax editing and update on configured for it (it needs neither). I also don't understand why query field #424 has update on configured against #408 as it's not using the value of #408 in its query or substituted in anywhere.

Seams like you might have a lot of unnecessary configurations at the moment. I recommend disabling ajax editing and removing the update on fields for #427 and #408. Leave their conditions. That should be the correct setup. Conditions do not need Update On to function.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn