CB query fields question

1 year 6 months ago #331069 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB query fields question

Fields outside of an ajax edit do not update.

So you mean that the html would only be displayed during the edit and not stay visible at the save ?

One workaround to this is to use the new full tab ajax editing to ajax edit the entire tab instead of field by field. This will refresh the entire tabs display.

Trying this on the tab owning the fields only displays an empty zone. I tried to change the output and the position but got the same empty zone (even with protostar template)

Do I miss another setting somewhere ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 6 months ago #331073 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB query fields question

So you mean that the html would only be displayed during the edit and not stay visible at the save ?

When using Additional Fields in the ajax edit it will not refresh the display of those fields.

Trying this on the tab owning the fields only displays an empty zone. I tried to change the output and the position but got the same empty zone (even with protostar template)

No idea what you mean by empty zone. See my blog for what to expect with tab ajax editing.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18997-cb-core-fields-ajax-5-0-0

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 6 months ago #331095 by activha
I have read your blog but on our prod and devel website, trying to edit whatever tab it is always display an empty area.

Even tried to add a new tab with a new text field only with test as value. Display is ok but ajax editing displays nothing. Even modal only displays the grey shadow but no fields...

Is there a special template to download ?

1 year 6 months ago #331096 by krileon
Nothing special to download. Just be sure your site is up to date. If you're using a custom CB Core Fields Ajax template switch back to default template and retry. No idea what you mean by empty. You mean clicking to ajax edit just displays nothing after the loading is complete? Check if there's any JS errors going on by pressing F12 to open your browsers developer tools then click the Console tab and now try to ajax edit.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 6 months ago #331097 by activha
I know how to check js error :-)
Already tried with default template and tmpl=component 
Also tried with a blank new tab and a blank new field, : same result, no display at all for ajax edition
Will sent details via PM for the dev website, the tab is newtab, you can test what you want but I am stuck :-(

1 year 6 months ago #331098 by krileon
Please do not send login credentials that were not requested. Was able to confirm the issue on our demo site. A file is missing due to the install XML file not including it. Issue is now fixed in latest build release.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.285 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn