CB query fields question

1 year 6 months ago #331057 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB query fields question
Your Custom HTML field #427 is configured to hide if the #408 field is empty. It appears to do this just fine on profile edit and ajax editing on profile view.
Yes on edition but on save the display under the ajax zone stays the same until the reloading of the page

We need these configuration to inform users on the fly about how to do things and they also need to choose several options at the same time.

What I'd like is update the display on save for #427

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 6 months ago #331059 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB query fields question

Yes on edition but on save the display under the ajax zone stays the same until the reloading of the page

That's completely normal. Fields outside of an ajax edit do not update. There is not and never has been any such functionality. There are no plans for such functionality. One workaround to this is to use the new full tab ajax editing to ajax edit the entire tab instead of field by field. This will refresh the entire tabs display.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 6 months ago #331062 by activha
OK will use the new tab functionality in this case 👍

BTW can you tell me why an empty query field does not display its icons or info text ?

Do I have to change all queries and combine query/html fields ?

That’s a lot as they are referenced a lot in our code

1 year 6 months ago #331063 by krileon

BTW can you tell me why an empty query field does not display its icons or info text ?

Regular query fields rendering works basically the same as a custom html field. It has no storage and is purely for display only. It has no edit behavior so it has no edit icons and there's no input to bind the description to. They do support Layout parameters though so you can use that to add extra descriptive text if you wanted.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 6 months ago #331064 by activha
Will layout work with empty values ?

1 year 6 months ago #331066 by krileon
Layout doesn't care if a field is empty or not. It just adds to the output. You can even prevent a field from being empty entirely using layout parameters.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn