[#6555] Problems after upgrade to CB 2

7 years 1 month ago #292502 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problems after upgrade to CB 2
Have reviewed your install and looks like it's a bug with Joomlas menu system. It's adding &tab and &user even though no tab or user is supplied. I highly suggest upgrading to Joomla 3.x. I've added a bug ticket for CB to ignore the &user if it has no value.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6555

For now I've manually fixed your menu item by altering the DOM before saving. I'll try to have a fix out as quickly as possible.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #292503 by Vorak
Replied by Vorak on topic Problems after upgrade to CB 2
Hello,

Thanks for your reply and for looking into it.

An upgrade to Joomla 3 will eventually have to come but because of personal situations I won't have time to set up a new site for at least a few months yet.

I see that the link is currently working and that profiles are being shown again as they should.
However, the logout-button and logout menu link still don't. Could it be a similar issue for that, and could what you did for the other link be done there too as a temporary fix?

In the meantime, is there anything I *shouldn't* do to undo your temporary fix?

7 years 1 month ago #292505 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problems after upgrade to CB 2

However, the logout-button and logout menu link still don't. Could it be a similar issue for that, and could what you did for the other link be done there too as a temporary fix?

I've no idea what is doing it, but something is redirecting that menu item to Joomlas search component with the search criteria set to index. Do you've something installed that could be doing this?

In the meantime, is there anything I *shouldn't* do to undo your temporary fix?

Don't edit the my profile menu item as it'll revert the manual fix applied.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 1 month ago #292510 by Vorak
I have had it before, a longer time ago, that a link ended up at the search page because it was linking to a Joomla page that didn't exist (anymore) or was wrongly defined.
That is why I was wondering if the issue here would be similar as with the profile link, and that it somehow can't "find" that one either so that it gives the search page instead.

I have not installed any other particular extensions or plugins other than the migration to CB 2 and updating the related plugins for it. Before the migration, the logout button was working fine (as was the profile link for that matter).

7 years 1 month ago #292511 by Vorak
I have tried disabling all search plugins (regular Joomla plugins) but it made no difference for the logout-button :(

7 years 1 month ago #292515 by Vorak
Update on the logout issue:

It is apparently not directly a CB-related issue as it also happens when trying to log in and out with the regular Joomla login module. I was able to log myself out by doing so from the backend, which gave a cURL error of which a search led me to the extension jFusion. Apparently that was the culprit all along of the logout-problem, which I have been able to resolve now. It is a bit strange that the issue began to appear after the migration to CB 2, but the website of jFusion no longer exists and the extension is no longer continued, which will pose another problem for me when I end up migrating to Joomla 3.

I thought I'd let you know that this has been resolved too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn