[#6555] Problems after upgrade to CB 2

7 years 1 month ago #292570 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problems after upgrade to CB 2

The settings have always remained the same. Registration through Joomla is disabled, and through CB enabled (as the setting says is recommended). I did try switching that setting and registering a test account to see if it made any difference, but the result was the same. Once the password is changed manually in the backend, everything works back to normal. I have not found a single post on here or Joomla of someone who described the same problem.

Enable Joomla registration and disable CBs system plugin within Extensions > Plugins. Next test a registration using Joomlas registration form to see if it has the same behavior.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 1 month ago #292572 by Vorak
Replied by Vorak on topic Problems after upgrade to CB 2
I just tried this, but the result is the same.

I just registered using the same registration form as otherwise, it still looked the same as with the CB system plugin enabled though, does that make a difference?

7 years 1 month ago #292573 by Vorak
Ok, just to be sure I tried the same but with the standard registration form of Joomla itself.

The result is, unfortunately, still the same.

7 years 1 month ago #292575 by krileon
You need to test using Joomlas standard registration form. If Joomlas registration has the same issue it's either a bug in Joomla or a 3rd party system or user plugin causing it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #292578 by Vorak
Yes I tested it with Joomla's standard registration form too in the meantime, and the problem persists.

I guess I will have to try to disable the system & user plugins in Joomla one by one and see if I can isolate the problem that way. Should I do the same to the CB plugins, or is that not going to be necessary?

I do notice that after the upgrade to CB 2, there are a number of CB plugins shown to be "incompatible" (in brown color) and I was wondering if I can safely remove them?

They are:
- Dutch (language, there is now also nl-NL on there which I installed after the upgrade)
- CB Paid Subscriptions English (can't find an alternative language plugin for CBSubs, is this now also part of the standard language file)
- CB Paid Subscriptions Dutch (idem)
- CB GroupJive en-GB (idem)
- CB Paid Subscriptions - en-GB
- Wall (element: cb.wall, can't find anything that is called that in the downloads section of Joomlapolis anymore)
- CBreCaptcha (I have this currently disabled, and CB Privacy is installed)
- CBSubs DocMAN (I can't find a new version of this?)

Other than that, some UddeIM plugins, but my UddeIM has the latest version and everything works fully normal there.
Also "awdwallcbavatar", which is related to the paid extension awdwall which I won't keep using when I migrate to Joomla 3 so I won't be paying for a new version anymore.
And "JBolo!" chatbar which I disabled because it was eating too much server memory (but I might install it again when I move my website to a newer server with higher php version and more memory).

Also, the CB plugins still list "Default language (English) even though I installed an en-GB after the upgrade to CB2. But the "Default language (English)" is not showing in brown/incompatible. Should it remain then?

7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #292581 by krileon

I do notice that after the upgrade to CB 2, there are a number of CB plugins shown to be "incompatible" (in brown color) and I was wondering if I can safely remove them?

Any incompatible plugins should be uninstalled or updated.

- Dutch (language, there is now also nl-NL on there which I installed after the upgrade)

You'll want to update this.

- CB Paid Subscriptions English (can't find an alternative language plugin for CBSubs, is this now also part of the standard language file)

Same as below regarding en-GB.

- CB Paid Subscriptions Dutch (idem)

You'll want to update this.

- CB GroupJive en-GB (idem)

GJ doesn't have separate language plugins anymore. Its language files are bundled with CB language plugins. Can be uninstalled.

- CB Paid Subscriptions - en-GB

Default English language is included with CBSubs. So this isn't really necessary to be installed.

- Wall (element: cb.wall, can't find anything that is called that in the downloads section of Joomlapolis anymore)

No idea what this is. We've no CB Wall plugin.

- CBreCaptcha (I have this currently disabled, and CB Privacy is installed)

Replaced by CB AntiSpam. Installing CB AntiSpam will migrate your CB Captcha usage and uninstall CB Captcha. Otherwise uninstall if you don't need Captcha.

- CBSubs DocMAN (I can't find a new version of this?)

We don't have a CBSubs DocMAN integration anymore. Safe to remove.

Evaluate your other plugins accordingly. I can not comment in regards to plugins we did not create.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.590 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn