[#6555] Problems after upgrade to CB 2

7 years 4 weeks ago #292753 by Vorak
Replied by Vorak on topic Problems after upgrade to CB 2
Update:

Never mind, when I unzipped the download, and then installed the package inside there instead, it worked. It is now showing the correct version, and the menu link is working properly now.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 4 weeks ago #292754 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problems after upgrade to CB 2

I just downloaded the latest build of CB and installed it on Joomla. The install goes normal, but it when it's finished it says: "Failed to uninstall self. Please uninstall manually."

That means the package installer failed to clean it self up and you'll need to manually uninstall the package installer component. That message will be made more clear in a later CB Package Builder release.

Never mind, when I unzipped the download, and then installed the package inside there instead, it worked. It is now showing the correct version, and the menu link is working properly now.

Issues like this can happen when package installer doesn't properly clean it self up as it'll install the packages already on your site.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 4 weeks ago #292757 by Vorak
I did notice that, after initially upgrading to CB 2, a "com-packageinstaller" was suddenly listed in my extensions list, but when I click on it it doesn't show anything. I didn't know what it was so I just left it alone.

Should I just uninstall it then? And what when I want to update the next version of CB in the future?

7 years 4 weeks ago #292780 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problems after upgrade to CB 2
Yes, uninstall "com-packageinstaller" as it failed to uninstall it self (and is why you got that error notice during install).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 4 weeks ago #292841 by Vorak
Thanks, I have uninstalled it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

7 years 3 weeks ago #292952 by Vorak
Replied by Vorak on topic [#6555] Problems after upgrade to CB 2
Just to give the heads up: my problem with new registrations not being able to login has been resolved.

It appears that two things were not enabled in the extension manager:

- Authentication - Joomla
- User - Joomla!

Once I enabled them, registration and subsequent logging in gave no more issues at all.

I don't know why those two were at some point disabled, maybe I did it by accident, but at least that is working normally again now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn