GroupJive Messaging

1 year 2 months ago #332549 by AlanJones
GroupJive Messaging was created by AlanJones
Not sure what I’m doing wrong but I can’t get Group Messaging to work on any of my sites.
I’ve tried email and Private Message. Nothing seems to happen (except the notification is logged, that is switched on in System Actions).
All other notifications and email notifications are working fine. I can’t get it to send an email.
Is there a setting I’m unaware of?

J 4.2.6
CB 2.7.4+build.2023.01.19.16.29.44.fc946f0ff
GJ 3.5.1

Own Your Own Community!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 2 months ago #332556 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GroupJive Messaging
Did you enabled the system action in CB Auto Actions to convert the notification to an on-site notification? That will suppress the PM/Email in favor of a CB Activity notification. It won't send both notifications.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 2 months ago #332562 by AlanJones
Replied by AlanJones on topic GroupJive Messaging
Ahhh - OK. That was it. So if I choose email then it won't log a notification. Any way to have it email and log a notification?
Thank you!

Own Your Own Community!

1 year 2 months ago #332563 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GroupJive Messaging
Make a copy of the System Action then under the Output tab set Display to None. It should then log a CB Activity notification and not interrupt GJs built-in notification functionality.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 2 months ago #332564 by AlanJones
Got it... works perfectly!
Thank you!

Own Your Own Community!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

10 months 6 days ago #333941 by AlanJones
So now I'm looking to log an activity (not a notification) for a message sent to a group.
It works but it duplicates the action for all users (except the sender). So every one in the group gets the same action logged for as many are in the group -1.

I'm sure I need a different Asset in the Action tab, could you help me with what to put in the Asset field?... currently it is: groupjive.group.[var7_id].[var1]

Own Your Own Community!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.317 seconds