GroupJive Messaging

6 months 2 days ago #335627 by AlanJones
Replied by AlanJones on topic GroupJive Messaging
I can't seem to get this working... I either get nothing in the activity stream or I get one activity post per group member... Any other suggestions?

Own Your Own Community!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 months 1 day ago #335636 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GroupJive Messaging
I don't have anything more to suggest. There isn't a trigger available for what you're trying to do. I'm not sure why you want to create an activity entry on group message though. I can review potentially adding a new trigger for this, but there needs to be a good enough reason to add a new trigger that needs to be maintained.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 months 1 day ago #335657 by AlanJones
For my communities it's necessary having the option for the group admin and moderators to send a message that is included in the email and also made into an activity post. As opposed to just an activity post.
For example, a group that is a leadership group, or board of directors, I really need them to get some of the group content in an email... not just a post link. But them some of them also need to interact with that info, make a comment. approve it... etc. What I want to avoid is an email conversation that the admins then have to forward to everyone, or try somehow include the post and the first comments in a new post. A much better option is to include links in the email redirecting them to the group wall for further input and discussion.

Own Your Own Community!

6 months 1 day ago #335658 by krileon
I see, that does some like an interesting use case. Will add a trigger fired before the notification is processed. This will fire once. You'll be able to use that to create an activity post or even completely override the notification behavior entirely. It won't have as many substitutions available to it like the emails do, but it should work fine your usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlanJones

6 months 1 day ago #335659 by AlanJones
Thank you! I really appreciate it!

Own Your Own Community!

6 months 1 day ago #335660 by krileon
Ok, the latest CB GroupJive build release now has a gj_onGroupMessage trigger. Its variables are as follows.
$_PLUGINS->trigger( 'gj_onGroupMessage', [ $row, &$users, &$subject, &$message ] );

var1 is the group object, var2 is the array of user id recipients, var3 is the message subject, and var4 is the message itself. You can use this trigger to create your activity in CB Auto Actions on group message.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.412 seconds