GroupJive Messaging

6 months 4 days ago #335538 by AlanJones
Replied by AlanJones on topic GroupJive Messaging
I think you're right. the asset is groupjive.group.8 (or whatever group ID). 
In the Auto Actions setup for both the notification and the action the asset is: groupjive.group.[var7_id].[var1]
How could I rectify this?

Own Your Own Community!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 months 4 days ago #335539 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GroupJive Messaging
Depends on what you're expecting from the activity. Do you want it to always create a new activity entry every time a group message is sent? Then you'll need to adjust the "Load By" accordingly as that parameter is solely responsible for dealing with duplicates.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 months 4 days ago #335541 by AlanJones
Yes, that is exactly what I'd like. an Activity post for every group message (in addition to the notification).
The Load By for both Auto Actions is set to none currently.

Own Your Own Community!

6 months 3 days ago #335553 by krileon
Please provide a screenshot of your activity action configuration. If Load By is set to None then it should create an activity entry every time.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 months 3 days ago #335576 by AlanJones
Ahhh - I'm sorry I was wrong, one of them was not set to none.
It's working now, thank you! But I have one other issue:
The Auto Action that posts the activity posts one activity for each member of the group. How do I set the Auto Action to post just one activity for all the group members? 

Own Your Own Community!

6 months 2 days ago #335595 by krileon

The Auto Action that posts the activity posts one activity for each member of the group. How do I set the Auto Action to post just one activity for all the group members?

There isn't a trigger specifically for that, but the below should work.

Global
Triggers: gj_onAfterUpdateGroup
Conditions
Field: Custom > Value
Custom Value: [var1_params_messaged]
Operator: Not Equal To
Value: [var2_params_messaged]

When a message is sent the last time a message was sent is logged to the groups parameters. Using the above you should be able to detect that change and act on it. This would fire just once and avoid the duplicate activity. Otherwise your only option is to use Load By to stop duplicates.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds