GroupJive Messaging

11 months 2 days ago #333946 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic GroupJive Messaging
gj_onSendNotification is part of the user loop. There isn't a trigger that isn't a part of the user loop for GJ notifications. Try setting "Load By" to "By Asset Only" so it won't try to recreate the activity if an entry with that asset already exists.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 months 2 days ago #333951 by AlanJones
Replied by AlanJones on topic GroupJive Messaging
Looks like that did it, thanks Kyle!
I'll do some experiments today, but an initial test worked great!

Own Your Own Community!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

6 months 2 days ago #335508 by AlanJones
I think the updates have prevented these from being logged in the Activity Stream.
It's sending mails fine but no longer logging the message as an activity... Any ideas?

Own Your Own Community!

6 months 1 day ago #335517 by krileon
What updates? Did you update to CB Activity 6.0.0 Beta on a live site (this is very much not recommended)? The Load By parameter prevents duplicate activity creation so dependent on what that's set to you might just be trying to create activity that already exists.

There were no changes in CB Auto Actions that would impact activity creation recently. The recent changes were to the Usergroup, Content, and Query actions to be Joomla 5 compatible. The system plugin was also updated to be compatible with Joomla 5.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 months 1 day ago #335520 by AlanJones
No I never update to beta on a live site... I'm on Activity: 5.0.1
Hmmm. I implemented the changes you recommended to make a message appear in the activity feed (not just email to the group). It worked on all my CB GJ websites, and then it just stopped, simultaneously. I can only imagine that an update stopped it working.
from 5 months ago: "gj_onSendNotification is part of the user loop. There isn't a trigger that isn't a part of the user loop for GJ notifications. Try setting "Load By" to "By Asset Only" so it won't try to recreate the activity if an entry with that asset already exists."

So to clarify, the message get's sent (notification + email) but the activity is no longer logged in the activity feed.

Thank you!

Own Your Own Community!

6 months 1 day ago #335524 by krileon
My guess is the Load By might be preventing the activity from creating. What asset is this activity being created with? You should be able to see the previous entries in CB Activity > Activity. If they have the same asset then Load By will prevent duplications.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds