What Am I Working On?

9 months 2 weeks ago #334420 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic What Am I Working On?
Backend activity and notification edit will now give details regarding their assets. It will give you a full breakdown of the asset, show you the context it believes belongs to the asset, and the class responsible for its source object. In addition to this it lets you know the template paths to customize the asset for adjusting how it renders or overriding access, source, and context as desired.

Additional backend explanations of asset are on the way as well. This should significantly improve your understanding of how asset works making custom activity and notifications even easier to implement. In most cases it's as simple as making a single template file and on that note there is now examples of how to implement custom asset sources, contexts, and access checks in addition to custom activity and notification displays. These examples are included as example.php and contain several comment blocks explaining how they work and showing how they work.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: beat

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 months 3 weeks ago - 8 months 3 weeks ago #334613 by krileon
Post approval is now fully implemented for Activity and Comments. Now any stream can require a stream moderator to approve their post. For profile streams for example the stream moderator is the profile owner. These include support for notifications with options for how to notify the user defaulting to a CB Activity notification.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

8 months 3 weeks ago #334616 by krileon
Guest commenting is finally in the works. In CB Activity 6.0.0 you'll be able to allow anonymous guest comments on any comment stream you like.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:

8 months 2 weeks ago - 8 months 2 weeks ago #334738 by krileon
Captcha is now available for both activity and comments. It can be customized to only apply to new posts, existing posts, or both. You can specifically select the captcha mode in addition to what view access level the captcha will apply to.

Configuration

Activity

Comment

If you choose to use Captcha I recommend using a silent invisible one like reCaptcha v3 or reCaptcha Invisible.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:

8 months 1 week ago #334800 by krileon
Privacy controls are built into streams now. You'll no longer need CB Auto Actions for this anymore. This also means more efficient means of filtering activity by privacy can be applied.

You'll be able to turn this on/off per activity stream. You can also specify who is allowed to use this feature. It doesn't stop there though. You can now completely override the entire privacy controls per stream and not have to exclusively use global privacy settings.

This has been extended to CB Gallery as well. You can now completely override the gallery behavior for media uploaded/linked to activity and comment streams on a per stream basis.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:

8 months 5 days ago #334904 by krileon
Support for activity embeds is now implemented. This is similar to other social media sites that let you embed a post using an iframe to an external site.

If the post doesn't exist or isn't accessible to whomever is viewing the embed a placeholder is still rendered, which is fully customizable using a template file. If the post is accessible it will display as normally with all interactivity disabled and clicking anywhere in the post will directly link to that post.

This is the first step of implementing the Share functionality which will support sharing a link, a embed, and on different social media.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn