New user issues

18 years 4 months ago #3041 by o_cee
New user issues was created by o_cee
We've had this problem before RC2 and before Joomla. Sometimes, when a user registers, it turns up in the backend as "Pending Approval". CB is set to not require admin approval, but only e-mail confirmation. This issue is resolved by doing a sync between the Joomla users table and the CB users table.

Today it happened again, and I looked at the database.

The ##_users table looks allright, but ##_comprofiler misses the user with the correct id. There's 645 and 647, but no 646. There is, however, a user with id = 0 (as well as user_id) which says approved = 1 and confirmed = 0, just like it should. Will resync now to see what happens with it.

Refreshed.. The 0 userid is still there, but now 646 is present as it should. First, last and middlename is NULL though, the other users got empty fields there. It also says both confirmed and approved. Besides from that, it looks just like 647 does.

Any idea here at all? This is causing us lots of headaches since we need to check the CB users at least once a day.

Happy new year!

Best regards, Oscar

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 4 months ago #3043 by rick
Replied by rick on topic Re:New user issues
Yea I had that happen once. I just changed the ID that had the 0 to the missing number that you refered to and all was well. As to the reason why this happened or a fix, I have no idea.

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
Community Builder 1.0 rc2
SMF 1.1 RC2

18 years 4 months ago #3162 by o_cee
Replied by o_cee on topic Re:New user issues
No official comment on this issue?

18 years 4 months ago #3167 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:New user issues
Official comment?
Sounds like a failure during writing of the user record in the comprofiler_users table. Don't know how it can be rectified since its not consistently reproducable.

18 years 4 months ago #3178 by o_cee
Replied by o_cee on topic Re:New user issues
No that's the strange part, it's very inconsistent and not very reproduceable.. Since my first post we've had yet another failure in the same way..

Don't know I could add some debugging to the routine doing the comprofiler user table updating when adding a new user? Have no idea how to start tracking down the root of this.. :unsure:

/O

18 years 4 months ago #3202 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:New user issues
Does your database server / host have performance problems?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn