[SOLVED] Blank page in backend after upgrade

14 years 1 month ago #126284 by thd
Hi,
I have migrate from RC4 version to 1.2.1 last week and all is great. I come back on the joomlapolis tonight and discover the last 1.2.2 ! ;)
So I try to migrate my comprofiler component, and at the end of the installation a totaly blank page appear with no word at all ! I am on the page .../administrator/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=finishinstallation

So I try to go to the component menu backend page and they all are the same : totally blank ! (/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=showusers, and so on...).

In the front end it seems to be ok the profile, lists are good but the joomla CB component backend is blank !
what can I do ??
(I've tried to install the CB module and the installation is ok. Installation is just KO for the CB comprofiler component)

(of course joomla 1.5.15, migrate from 1.2.1 to 1.2.2 with no desintallation as you tel in the readme-upgrade).
Thanks for your help !!
ThD

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/12 18:03

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #126298 by YUB
Hello,

I'm in the same case ... :( but to go further, i've installed the 1.2.2 release on a fresh instal (joomla 1.5.15 + K2) to see if the problem could comes from my server (MAMP) but it works ...

Actualy, during the upgrade, i see the "result" page after uploading the component, but it disappear very quickly and freeze on a blank page ... , even if in the frontend, everything is OK, and in the backend too, except the Community Builder component.

Any suggestions welcome, i'm still looking for a solution.

++
THX

PS : i'll try to search in the log if something is wrong after restoring my backups

Post edited by: YUB, at: 2010/03/09 01:57

14 years 1 month ago #126349 by krileon
Please see help us help you within my signature; need further information about your server and installation. Primarily please review your server error logs, blank pages don't inform you of the error. Please also review our FAQ as blank pages have been covered.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #126415 by YUB
krileon wrote:

Please see help us help you within my signature; need further information about your server and installation. Primarily please review your server error logs, blank pages don't inform you of the error. Please also review our FAQ as blank pages have been covered.

Hello krileon, and thx for your post.

I'm totaly agree with you, but as i said, i'll test a new upgrade after restoring my backup.

At the moment, i clean my CB 1.2.1 installation of 3rd party plugins, because, i've tried on a fresh joomla 1.5.15 installation with only my old CB 1.2.1 database and component, and i've got the same blank page.

So, the problem doesn't appear with a fresh CB 1.2.2 installation on my localserver, but only when i upgrade my CB 1.2.1 > 1.2.2 ...

I'll tell you soon the result,
See u later,
++
YUB

Server MAMP details :

MySQL :
Serveur: Localhost via UNIX socket
Version du serveur: 5.1.37
Version du protocole: 10
Jeu de caractères pour MySQL: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8)

Serveur web :
Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) PHP/5.2.11 DAV/2
Version du client MySQL: 5.1.37
Extension PHP: mysql

phpMyAdmin :
Version: 3.2.4

Post edited by: YUB, at: 2010/03/10 10:14

14 years 1 month ago #126524 by YUB
Hi,

I've done a new try to upgrade 1.2.1 to 1.2.2 after clean a bit may CB 1.2.1 of 3rd party plugins, but i didn't get much success ... always a blank page in the backend with CommunityBuilder entries.

So, i've set up the debug mode and i've copy/past the result in the zipped files :

- Debug_Instal : is the quick copy/past result of the CB installation just before it disappear to blank page (it stays 1 sec)

- Debug_Index : is the copy/past of the index of my joomla backend

- Debug_Frontend : is the copy/past of the debug log wen i'm on my profile in the frontend
-- DELETED

And below the logs of my server during the upgrade :

APACHE

[Thu Mar 11 08:43:26 2010] [error] [client ::1] File does not exist: /Users/YUB/Sites/Z-TRAILERZ/1.5.x/1.5.15/administrator/F0F0F0, referer: http://localhost:8888/Z-TRAILERZ/1.5.x/1.5.15/administrator/index.php

PHP

[11-Mar-2010 07:57:16] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: row in /Users/YUB/Sites/Z-TRAILERZ/1.5.x/1.5.15/libraries/joomla/installer/adapters/module.php on line 252
[11-Mar-2010 07:57:16] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /Users/YUB/Sites/Z-TRAILERZ/1.5.x/1.5.15/libraries/joomla/installer/adapters/module.php on line 252

Could such informations could help someone to help me ?

Thx again,
++

YUB

Post edited by: YUB, at: 2010/03/12 10:13
Attachments:

14 years 1 month ago #126557 by thd
Is there some database modifications between 1.2.1 and 1.2.2 ?
If there are none; Perhaps it could be more simple to export datas, completely remove the CB component and do a clean installation of the 1.2.2 and reimport the datas ???
What do you think of that solution ?

It seems that we were the only users to have that migration problem ? Does ths CB team has try to upgade from CB1.2.1 yet ???

Many thanks ...
ThD

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.388 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn