[SOLVED] Where is profile Updated?

13 years 10 months ago #137650 by Gorignak
[SOLVED] Where is profile Updated? was created by Gorignak
Hi there.

Can anyone tell me where is the MySQL "update" done to update the users profile? At least the file name.

I need this so i can import some data from different mysql tables and save it to the jos_comprofiler table on my DB.

I've already found and changed the file to show on a drop-down list the fields/values, but now i'm stuck.

Help me please.

Post edited by: Gorignak, at: 2010/07/22 11:07

Post edited by: Gorignak, at: 2010/07/22 11:08

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #137687 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Where is profile Updated?
We don't support core edits, if it can't be done by way of triggers it shouldn't be done at all (unless applying a potential bug fix). I recommend reviewing tutorials within my signature and trigger usage in a new CB plugin which more the likely can assist with your needs. If you're just trying to add user data this can be done through User Management with CBs backend or through your database directly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #137721 by Gorignak
Replied by Gorignak on topic Re:Where is profile Updated?
Hi Krileon. Thanks for your answer.

I know you don't support core assistance. It makes sense :)

What I'm trying to do is, for example, to show the countries on a drop-down list and let the user select it from a DB called "countries".

And then store the users choice on a field called countries_id on jos_comprofiler table.

This is an example. I need to do this for 3 cases. Countries, membership_type and payment_type.

And it is essential for me to be able to do this. I can't use the normal data store mode of CB. At least in this 3 cases, it can't be used :( I wish it could, but the website will be one of 2 interfaces to deal with the users info. The second interface will generate receipts and other stuff. That's way i need to store data like that.

So, in the end, what i really need, is the name of the file that is used to make the DB updates.

I'll do the hard coding work.

I know this is not an easy request, but i don't have the time to make a module as CB, or a plug-in to CB. And I can't find any that meets my needs.

Please... Please... Help me out...

13 years 10 months ago #137733 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Where is profile Updated?
Perhaps this article could help you:

www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/208/37/

Its old but should push you in the right direction.

13 years 10 months ago #137735 by Gorignak
Replied by Gorignak on topic Re:Where is profile Updated?
Hi nant. Thanks you for the answer.

I've seen that article before posting in the forum.

It doesn't solve my problem because it makes use of CB default field creation method.

It would work if i would just use the DB tables for the website, but i need to share the information with a 3rd party framework.

I've been scratching the files to see if i could find where the updates are made, but no luck so far... :(

13 years 10 months ago #137744 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Where is profile Updated?
Gorignak wrote:

Hi nant. Thanks you for the answer.

I've seen that article before posting in the forum.

It doesn't solve my problem because it makes use of CB default field creation method.

It would work if i would just use the DB tables for the website, but i need to share the information with a 3rd party framework.

I've been scratching the files to see if i could find where the updates are made, but no luck so far... :(

You would have to create a new field type.

You can become a CB Documentation subscriber and download the CB file field and see how it works to base your development on it.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.564 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn