Date field not editable in Edit Your Profile

13 years 10 months ago #137857 by chasiv
I found postings from prior versions on this issue, but no corrective action.

I'm using version 1.2.2 of Community Builder with Joomla 1.5.

I've created a Date of Birth Field that appears fine in Registration, but does not display any input area in Edit Your Profile. I'm using Drop-down (+popup) calendar in my configuration.

Please help as I'd like to release my upgraded site on Sunday (7/18). I've upgraded from Joomla 1.0.13 and an older version of Community Builder.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Chas

Post edited by: chasiv, at: 2010/07/15 19:39
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #137864 by krileon
Appears the JS is failing to replace the field, but even the field it self isn't rendered so something is stopping it halfway. Please examine your browsers error log to see if there are any Fatal JS errors. Also please perform the following upgrades.

CB 1.2.2 -> CB 1.2.3
Joomla 1.5 -> Joomla 1.5.18 (you didn't specify exact version)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #137921 by chasiv
I have completed the upgrades as you suggested (sorry was Joomla 1.5.17 but is now 1.5.18 as you recommended). Also now CB 1.2.3.

Still no luck. There are no javascript errors appearing in the bottom left corner of the screen. It only shows 'Done'.

I also noticed that the 'required' icon is not displaying in the Edit Profile page, but is showing on the Registration Page.

I'm using IE8, so there is no other Browser error log to review. Generally any javascript error will cause a yellow triangle in the lower left corner that you can click on for more details.

13 years 10 months ago #137992 by krileon
Have you tried reviewing the page in any other browsers such as FF or Chrome to confirm if issue is related strictly to IE8? I've ran tests on a test installation for IE6, IE7, and IE8 and confirmed displays appropriately. There's a conflict coming from somewhere. Have you disable Joomla and CB plugins 1 by 1 to reveal any sort of conflict? Have you tried default Joomla template?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #138010 by chasiv
I did not try another browser as I do not have other browsers installed on my computers. I just tried the other 2 default Joomla templates and it does the same thing.

I have no plugins installed other then Community Builder and the CB Connector.

13 years 10 months ago #138012 by chasiv
Additional Notes; I tried changing the Date type in configuration to "old style" and an input box DOES appear. But, the required icon still does not. I have temporarily changed it back so new users can register with the calendar popup.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn