Displaying Registered User Count in Site Template

18 years 4 months ago #3161 by djsdjs
I would like the number of registered users to display in the site template to encourage eligible members to register.

Does anyone know what code I would place in a site template to have it print the number of registered users from the actual database records?

Thanks,
D.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 4 months ago #3237 by Caspar
Why don't you write a simple module or get on like the on this page?

Do me a favour an go to www.st-sebastian-beckum.de and click on the green image, which says TOP 50 and vote for the page. Thanks!

18 years 4 months ago #3246 by rick
You can find the Total Users module at mamboforge.net/frs/?group_id=222

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
Community Builder 1.0 rc2
SMF 1.1 RC2

18 years 3 months ago #3475 by djsdjs
I assume the total users shows all Joomla users? Has anyone modified it to show only CB Registered users?

18 years 3 months ago #3529 by djsdjs
OK, I hacked mod_totalusers. I only converted "total users" and "Last Created" since doing "Today, This Week and This Month" would require a join and I'm not needing those to display. I still get a count that is 2 higher than what displays on lists - probably something to do with admin profiles - but I can live with that.

These lines of code replace the lines in the original distribution that start with the same variable name:

18 years 3 months ago #3530 by djsdjs
OK, I hacked mod_totalusers. I only converted "total users" and "Last Created" since doing "Today, This Week and This Month" would require a join and I'm not needing those to display. I still get a count that is 2 higher than what displays on lists - probably something to do with admin profiles - but I can live with that.

These lines of code replace the lines in the original distribution that start with the same variable name:

SORRY FORUM WILL NOT LET ME POST THE CODE EVEN WITH THE PROPER bbCode around the sample.

Post edited by: djsdjs, at: 2006/01/11 21:07

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 4.050 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn