Yanc subscribe

18 years 4 months ago #535 by elesus
Replied by elesus on topic Re:Yanc subscribe
Yanc plugin is a nice thing!

СB3РD

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 4 months ago #538 by rick
Replied by rick on topic Re:Yanc subscribe
It seems to work great in the profile but no matter what I do it will not show up on the registration page. I am sure I am doing something wrong, can someone point me in the right direction.

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
Community Builder 1.0 rc2
SMF 1.1 RC2

18 years 4 months ago #1446 by crash777
Replied by crash777 on topic Re:Yanc subscribe
Kevin wrote:

The YaNC plug in is fantastic. Here is a note on it though some others may be interested in. This bug is logged over at the joomla dev:

developer.joomla.org/sf/go/artf2182?nav=1

Its small, but worth mentioning that you should hide the YaNC subscribe module to users who are logged into your site. Why? You can not subscribe using YANC subscribe module if logged in through CB2. Some may ask why would you want to anyway. Response, is that if it is a feature on your site, then it should work, so its better to just remove it when logged in. To clarify, I'm talking about the YaNC subscribe module that is unrelated the the CB2 tab for YaNC.

I hope this helps someone else. Everything else on YaNC and CB2 is killer.

- kevin

You can also just not install it. The it won't clutter your list or confuse you... sometime down the road, you ask yourself "hmmm why isn't this published!?" Better to leave it uninstalled.

18 years 4 months ago #1450 by nant

18 years 4 months ago #1453 by crash777
rick wrote:

It seems to work great in the profile but no matter what I do it will not show up on the registration page. I am sure I am doing something wrong, can someone point me in the right direction.

It should be listed under "Update your Profile" (that is where mine is and I can't seem to change it) but you have to make sure you install the Yanc component as well as make sure it is listed/published in the plugin manager of CB.

Anyone know how to put it on the main page as a tab??
Anyone know how to link to it directly?

Post edited by: crash777, at: 2005/12/06 16:47

18 years 4 months ago #1454 by crash777
rick wrote:

It should be listed under "Update your Profile" (that is where mine is and I can't seem to change it) but you have to make sure you install the Yanc component as well as make sure it is listed/published in the plugin manager of CB.

Anyone know how to put it on the main page as a tab??

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn