phpBB installation problem

17 years 11 months ago #13162 by rickets123
phpBB installation problem was created by rickets123
Hi

I have followed many of the phpbb integration posts prior on this forum site and have added the patches and made the modifications to the sessions.php file in the phpbb forum and installed all packages, modules and components, successfully.

I have...

Joomla 1.0.x
phpBB 2.0.20
phpBB connector installed and configured to the forum being in components/com_forum

Currently the issue is:

I cannot add a user using CB as it gives this error upon submitting a registration request:

SQL errorDB function failed with error number 1146
Table 'rectitud_joom1.phpbb_users' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT username FROM phpbb_users WHERE username='tooley' AND user_id<>''
SQL =

SELECT username FROM phpbb_users WHERE username='tooley' AND user_id<>''

--

I can however still log into the phpbb forum manually without any hiccup but if I try to login to an existing account with CB it doesnt give an error, it just refreshes as if you still have not logged in

The site is at www.rectitude.org

Please help me fix this problem based on the symptoms.... I am a novice at scripting from scratch but I am fairly well versed in following instructions and playing with code to make things work...

Any help would be much appreciated...

Thanks!

Post edited by: rickets123, at: 2006/05/18 04:09

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 11 months ago #13163 by rickets123
Replied by rickets123 on topic Re:phpBB installation problem
Update:

Another thing:

I login into the phpbb login form and it seems to login to CB???

hmmmmm.... any ideas?

17 years 11 months ago #13178 by crow
Replied by crow on topic Re:phpBB installation problem
rickets123 wrote:

Joomla 1.0.x
phpBB 2.0.20
phpBB connector installed and configured to the forum being in components/com_forum

Joomla 1.0.x and phpBB 2.0.20 should be installed in same MYSQL database.
In phpbb Connector you should enter forum not "components/com_forum". Well if you installed phpbb2.0.20 into www.yoursite.com/forum/ than "forum" is only needed for other place just write correct path without yoursite.com....

17 years 11 months ago #13286 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpBB installation problem
rickets123,

Please clarify if you have phpbb 2.0.20 or the phpBB Component. Typically the component installs in com_forum but the raw phpBB does not... However you say you installed phpbb 2.0.20.

If it is the phpBB Component then this plugin is not setup to work with the component at this time (future feature requrest)

If it is indeed phpBB 2.0.20 (not component) then let me know and we will see what is happening.

Based on the install directory and the error mentioned I suspect that you have the component installed... (in the component it uses the jos_users table versus the phpbb_users table).

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

17 years 11 months ago #13510 by bjraines
Replied by bjraines on topic Re:phpBB installation problem
Just curious on the status of the phpBB integration. I see it is in the old CB release folder. My world would really rock if this works. I have been so frustrated with SMF

17 years 11 months ago #13596 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpBB installation problem
The phpBB Connector works with CB 1.0 Stable as well as the older CB 1.0RC2.

Both phpBB and Joomla need to be installed in the same database and website for the connector to work.

Version 1.0.2 has a few patches available at

developer.joomla.org/sf/projects/phpbb_connector

Ver. 1.0.3 should be nicer once I get the time to finish it up...

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn