CB, Joomla and PhpBB

18 years 3 months ago #3391 by teclive
CB, Joomla and PhpBB was created by teclive
hi there, ok, first off, this sounds like a great little addon and i hope it will work for what i need.

I have a joomla installed with CB and phpbb, now, i use the phpbb login box.
If i am using this box, will it add the users to the CB?

should i be using this tool you have made?
if i use it, can i integrate all users and usernames from my phpbb/joomla?

thnx
Tanya

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 3 months ago #3452 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:CB, Joomla and PhpBB
We have a "phpbb Connector" plugin which currently addes new registrations into both phpBB and CB users tables (in same database) and also updates both tables when updating their CB profile.

We are in process of helping with import/export of existing users between CB and phpBB. I would guess that the next beta release with that feature may be within the next week or so (depending on personal time constraints)... Currently the version that I and the other developer have identifies the uses that are synchd correctly, that match but are not synchd (usernames and passwords same between tables), those ready to import and those ready to export, along with those that interfere (username matches but password does not)...

We had talked about some e-mail validation in the users tables as either a replacement or additional option instead of the password check (possibly better than the password)

Not sure what the phpBB login box is you referred to so I can't talk much about it though.

Our beta is available in the downloads (beta) area on this site and we do have a developer.joomla project set up as well (phpBB Connector). The download here is mistakenly marked v1.1 Beta (it actually is V1.0.1 Beta'... just an FYI for when V1.0.2 comes out..

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

18 years 3 months ago #3467 by teclive
Replied by teclive on topic Re:CB, Joomla and PhpBB
Hi Greg, thank you for your response, I use the phpbb login box so that it logs users into the forum and joomla in one shot.
The original site had the mambo and CB, then i updated to joomla, added phpbb and thus the problem with the phpbb and cb members.

Pardon my ignorance, but just to clarify, if i use the phpbb connector, i can then use the CB login box for the members and it will log them into the CB, joomla and the phpbb correct?

And when they register with the CB this info will also be stored in the phpbb and joomla correct?

where can i find the download for this?

can i install it even though i already have members in the phpbb and the cb?

sorry for so many questions.

thank you
tanya

18 years 3 months ago #3496 by Macexcel
Replied by Macexcel on topic Re:CB, Joomla and PhpBB
Just a quick qestion, I read on the on here some where the other day. that it has problems with Joomla 1.05. Is there an update coming for that?

I currently have Jommla 1.05, phpBB component 1.2.4. RC4 with the phplogin. From www.joomlastuff.org/

Will this work for me?
And How long before it will work with 1.05?

Thanks
John

MacExcelsior

18 years 3 months ago #3516 by geeffland
Tanya,

If the site is setup to use the CB login, then when the user logs into CB (Joomla as well), a session is also started in phpBB (2.0.18 and 2.0.19 for sure probably older versions as well). Now this session is started but the user is taken to the frontpage of your Joomla site. From there you can have a menu item or other link that links to the URL (or use the Wrapper if you want it within your Joomla Page).

Currently there is a download in the Downloads area... top link I think for 3PD plugins (Beta)... This versions handles starting and ending sessions, and making sure NEW users are entered into both user tables.

We are currently developing code to handle importing and exporting users between phpBB and CB/Joomla. Hope to have it done soon but am currently having some time conflicts so it may be within the next two weeks.

John,

The issuse you mention with Joomla 1.0.5 is an issue with CB 1.0RC2 and Joomla 1.0.5. In 1.0.5 they changes some of their database functions and essentially how someone uses them. There are temporary fixes noted on Joomla and I think here as well. The long term fix is to modify CB to use the mosDBtable versus stdClass for internal database calls (I think... other apps not related to CB probably need to be updated as well)...

The short term fixes are (assuming you want CB):
1) Stay at Joomla 1.0.4
2) Use 1.0.5 but replace database.php with the file from 1.0.4 (in the includes directory)

On your other question about the phpBB component... Currently our plugin is setup for the regular version of phpBB. We have had requests from another user to make it work with the component and had small discussions with the tim-online developer about making it work for both. On the plans but not in the schedule yet.

Hope this helps,
Greg

18 years 3 months ago #3517 by geeffland
duplicate post some how... also note that CB) above is CB )

Post edited by: geeffland, at: 2006/01/11 18:12

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn