phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available

18 years 2 months ago #5565 by fusion93
Replied by fusion93 on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
Is the phpBB connector and plugin setup only for joomla? will it work with Mambo 4.5.2? I really like the phpBB is setup over simpleboard. Also, does the connector integrate into your template (kind of like a wrapper?) or does it just take you to phpBB away from the main index template? Thanks!

-Mike :side:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 2 months ago #5569 by Macexcel
Replied by Macexcel on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
sort of got it working.

I had to edit the mysql_basic.sql and mysql_schema.sql files
so that it would ad the user tables to the database, then it allowed me to sncy.. the users.

Then Had a problem had to fix my user id for the forum to give it admin rights.

looks like it is work except 1 think.

I need to restore the users posts to the new forum.

on the main page it looks fine, but when you go in to a section. it shows no posts, but if you view unansered posts it show them but then you click on the link and there is nothing there any ideas.

Thanks
John

MacExcelsior

18 years 2 months ago #5577 by Macexcel
Replied by Macexcel on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
no luck fixing yet, all the posts are in my mysql data base, but only a few are showing, can't see to find out why.

Using PHPbb. 2.019 was using phpbb componet 1.2.4.

any ideas?

John

MacExcelsior

18 years 2 months ago #5605 by fusion93
Replied by fusion93 on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
geeffland wrote:

Currently the connector is setup to work with the regular version of phpBB versus the phpBB Component. So to take advantage of the plugin you need to:

1) Install Joomla (1.0.4 or 1.0.7)
2) Install CB 1.0 RC2
a) including switching to the CB login module
3) Install phpBB onto the same website as Joomla. Default location is www.yoursite.com/forum... but you can switch directories as long as you set the correct parameter for the plugin
4) Install the phpBB Connector... If not using Version 1.0.2 Beta then go through Community Builder - Plugin Management - phpBB Connector and "Publish" the plugin (V1.0.2 automatically does this)
5) If phpBB is not installed in the default directory then go through Community Builder - Plugin Management - phpBB Connector and set the forum directory..
6) If you have existing CB users of phpBB users that you want to import/export go through Community Builder - Plugin Management - phpBB Connector and select the control panel... This will allow you to match, import, or export users...

Then use...

Hope this helps,
Greg

Hey Greg, does this plugin/connector work for Mambo 4.5.2 or would an upgrade to Joomla 1.0.4 or 1.0.7 be required? Thanks for your time!

-Mike :side:

18 years 2 months ago #5618 by Boss_ACI
Replied by Boss_ACI on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
Super newbie,

I'm using powweb for my hosting. It has an easy tool for installing Joomla and other programs. I've used it to install my Joomla (smoother than ftp) and tried to install phpbb, but now I'm lost.
Joomla setup up its own db and phpbb setup its own db. I installed phpbb into the same website and thought that was how to intergrate phpbb into my website. I guess this was wrong. I will re-install my phpbb into my Joomla db if necessary. Their is no data in anything yet, just getting started.
So my question is in two parts.

a)Is their another way to incorporate this without installing phpbb into the same db?
b)Are their two parts to download 'Community Builder' and 'phpbbconnector' and what are the links?

I have more questions but this will do for now.

Thanks in advance
Keith

Post edited by: Boss_ACI, at: 2006/02/05 18:45

18 years 2 months ago #5628 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
MacExcel,

Not sure what mysql_basic.sql and mysql_schema.sql files are... are those for the phpBB Component?

It sounds like you are going from the component to the raw phpBB install (as needed currently for the connector). I am not sure what tables have been moved around in the component... I think he merged the user tables but not sure what else...

Note phpBB is pretty picky about its topics and posts... it will match up user_id or poster_id (can't remember field name off the top of my head) with each post... if they don't match then the topic won't show correctly if at all... that might be one of the issues... make sure that the new users database is using the same ids as the old one... then the posts should not need fixing... Obviously if you have a lot of users this can take quite some time... Any luck finding any pre-made scripts for transferring from the component to the raw phpBB??

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.788 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn