create a link to the component?

13 years 5 months ago #146053 by gummarith
create a link to the component? was created by gummarith
When you enter an user details page the top-menu disappears. I do not know how make it visibile... should i create a link to the component (but it ain't possible) in the mod_mainmenu? thanks........

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #146067 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:create a link to the component?
gummarith wrote:

When you enter an user details page the top-menu disappears. I do not know how make it visibile... should i create a link to the component (but it ain't possible) in the mod_mainmenu? thanks........

Navigate to Joomlas menu manager and add the mandatory CB menu link. This link is required and must be published and public. This does not mean it has to be visible. You could create a new menu and not publish its module. Creating a link to a sub-task will also generate an Itemid for it such as to profile edit. You then assign modules to that menu link.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #146095 by gummarith
Replied by gummarith on topic Re:create a link to the component?
Thanks a lot for your quick reply....
krileon wrote:
Navigate to Joomlas menu manager and add the mandatory CB menu link. This link is required and must be published and public. This does not mean it has to be visible. You could create a new menu and not publish its module.[/quote]

That's what i did.... in a menu called "hidden" I pubblished the mandatory CB menu link.

krileon wrote:
Creating a link to a sub-task will also generate an Itemid for it such as to profile edit. You then assign modules to that menu link.[/quote]

Beg your pardon, my english is so poor. What you mean?
Actually there's a link to profile edit in the "ghost" menu (main menu) and the mod_mainmenu is assigned to it.

Will you, please, show me better? Thanks again..

13 years 5 months ago #146120 by krileon

That's what i did.... in a menu called "hidden" I pubblished the mandatory CB menu link.

This is correct.

Beg your pardon, my english is so poor. What you mean?
Actually there's a link to profile edit in the "ghost" menu (main menu) and the mod_mainmenu is assigned to it.

This is what I was referring to. Please provide the exact URL seen in your browser when viewing edit profile and if possible pleas provide a sceenshot of your issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #146125 by gummarith
Replied by gummarith on topic Re:create a link to the component?
Thanks....Don't what happened but shaking up and down now it works!:P

Is there any way to trick "only one" mandatory cb menu link and get two different menus showed according to whether you're registered or special user?

My userlist is in two different menu for different access.

Thanks.....

13 years 5 months ago #146142 by krileon

Is there any way to trick "only one" mandatory cb menu link and get two different menus showed according to whether you're registered or special user?

Don't understand what you're asking. CB will grab the first menu link it sees for Itemid based on the existing users access level. So if there's a special and a registered of the same link and you're logged in as special it should use the special links Itemid.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn