users are activated but not enabled

13 years 5 months ago #146452 by iberkner
users are activated but not enabled was created by iberkner
Recently, some new subscribers who are clicking on the activation link, are getting activated but not "enabled". One of the more recent changes we made to the configuration was to change the login type to option 3: username, email or 3rd party cms. The reason for this change was to allow the password to be reset with only using the user's email, no username required.

Could this be the cause of this issue? i.e. are accounts not being enabled b/c CB is saying that some 3rd party system should handle that?

Please advise, thanks!

spellingcity.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #146508 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:users are activated but not enabled

Could this be the cause of this issue? i.e. are accounts not being enabled b/c CB is saying that some 3rd party system should handle that?

Have you tried changing login type and confirmed if issue still present or not? It's possible an authentication plugin is conflicting. Are you able to duplicate this your self or only a few users experiencing it?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #146510 by iberkner
Replied by iberkner on topic Re:users are activated but not enabled
I don't yet know if this is a widespread problem, we are looking into it, but I'm fairly certain that it materialized after that change was made. I'm reluctant to change it back until I confirm that it is the cause.

Is there another way to send the user a new password only based on email?

Is there any condition that would cause CB for some reason not "enable" a user post activation?

We do have some custom triggers firing off at certain events, for example: "onAfterUserRegistration" but they don't have anything to do with the user table...

Thanks

spellingcity.com

13 years 5 months ago #146518 by krileon

Is there another way to send the user a new password only based on email?

Edit the user, disable the user, then re-enable the user. All of this done from User Management. This will send them new emails.

Is there any condition that would cause CB for some reason not "enable" a user post activation?

No, not unless something conflicted and stopped CB from continuing.

We do have some custom triggers firing off at certain events, for example: "onAfterUserRegistration" but they don't have anything to do with the user table...

This could be a problem. If your code using that trigger fails fatally it will stop PHP from continuing to process. Fatal errors are not skipped, only warnings or notices are.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #146533 by iberkner
Replied by iberkner on topic Re:users are activated but not enabled
Thank you so much for your detailed responses.

I will of course continue to investigate, I will look at the trigger issue more closely.

Could you more specifically point me to where the "enabled" flag in the user record is set? is on activation or at registration time?

Thanks

spellingcity.com

13 years 5 months ago #146535 by krileon

Could you more specifically point me to where the "enabled" flag in the user record is set? is on activation or at registration time?

A user is not activated at registration unless Confirmation and Approval is set to No. If either is set to Yes then are Blocked until they either confirm or are approved. It depends on your registration workflows. Your users also MUST be registering via CB registration as no other registration process is supported.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn